PMFI Corporate Overview
Probe Manufacturing is a global Electronics Design and Manufacturing Services Company providing innovators with business services through our factory in California as well as factories Worldwide. Headquartered in Irvine, California, PMI has been serving Industrial, Instrumentation, Medical, Aerospace, Defense, and Automotive industries since 1994.
PMI's customer centric management teams are designed to:
* Support clients through Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) resulting in improved ROI.
* Utilization of global supply chain, reducing material acquisition time and cost.
* Accelerate time to market by rapidly executing newly defined quotation and production processes; delivering prototypes in 24 hours and full turnkey products in 4 to 6 weeks.
PMFI Share Structure per Sterling Investment Services Inc.
http://www.sterlinginvestments.com/research/pmfi/ Probe Manufacturing, Inc.
|Shares Outstanding ||195,888,320 ||a/o Sep 27, 2011 |
|Estimated Float ||35,840,000 |
|Authorized Shares ||400,000,000 ||a/o Sep 27, 2011 |
|Par Value ||0.001 |
17475 Gillette Avenue
Irvine, California 92614
Phone 949-273-4990 Kambiz Mahdi
CEO and Chairman of the Board
Kambiz Mahdi is co-founder and served as President/CEO of PMI from 1996 until October of 2005. Prior to PMI, Mr. Mahdi was Technical Sales Manager at Future Electronics for six years. While at Future Electronics, Mr. Mahdi developed superior technical management leadership and skills servicing some of the top 1000 fortune technology customers and their applications. Mr. Mahdi also started Billet Electronics, a global supply chain provider of products, services and solutions in the technology sector, in 2007. He has established the company as a leading independent distributor of electronic components and provider of value-added services to its market. Mr. Mahdi has a BS degree in Electrical Engineering from California State University of Northridge.
Chief Financial Officer
John Bennett is our Chief Financial Officer and has been with Probe Manufacturing since February 2005. He has been in the Electronic manufacturing Industry for 22+ years. He has held positions as the Controller, Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, with experience in contract manufacturing of printed circuit board assembly, cable and harness assembly, box builds and battery & charger assembly. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Master of Science in Finance.
Linwood J. Goddard
Vice President, Quality and Organizational Development
As a member of the Senior Management Team, Mr. Goddard brings over 25 years of experience with Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial electronics leaders Raytheon Systems, GM Hughes Electronics, and Rockwell International. Mr. Goddard's comprehensive background in operations management, supply chain management, and quality control, provides critical depth to Probe Manufacturing's leadership team. His responsibilities at PMI include managing all aspects of Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Facilities. Mr. Goddard's experience in circuit card assembly and printed wiring board and design layouts through high rate production results in bringing a competitive differentiation into PMI. Mr. Goddard brings a strong drive for performance coupled with the highest levels of quality focused on the customer due to his earlier positions in hands on layout, manufacturing, test and inspection along with increasing responsibilities required in senior management positions. Mr. Goddard, in addition to all PMI leadership, practices Deming Theories to drive for the highest quality products and services at the lowest cost through variability reduction and continuous process improvement.
Board of Directors Shervin Talieh
Mr. Talieh has over 17 years of hands-on experience building and growing organizations that provide solutions to clients in various sectors. This experience has been developed across many functions, including corporate strategy, business development, marketing, branding, alliances, and operations; in small and large firms, through startups, turnarounds, and stable environments alike. Mr. Talieh started his career by successfully building, growing and selling his consulting startup, Index Data. Most recently, Mr. Talieh is the founder and CEO of Vonata; an Internet technology startup focused on data and voice synchronization. At Vonata, he guides the company's strategy, fund-raising, and operations. Prior to Vonata, Mr. Talieh served at Vice President, Business Development for Goldeneye Solutions; a SaaS technology company. This was preceded by his tenure at Accenture, where he was a Partner in the Los Angeles Office, and a member of the executive team responsible for over 700 professionals in the region.
Ralph Adams is the General Manager of Alix Technologies in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has extensive experience with assisting with debt restructure and operations for companies not operating at a profit. He has been the owner of Capital Management Company since 1977, and he also currently occupies the position of CEO with American Steel. He has successfully completed 11 mergers and sold 12 companies for stockholders. He was appointed Trustee for the Federal Bankruptcy System in the Southern District of California (1995 to 1997). Mr. Adams successfully restructured over 26 operating and manufacturing companies. He has occupied the role of consultant to lenders on general insolvency issues related loans made by banks. He also has Commercial loan underwriting experience. Mr. Adams held the position of CEO of Anodyne from 1991 to 2008, which is an Aerospace company, as well as the CEO MFG large Steel Culvert Pipe for construction industry, and he was the Owner/CEO of Oasis Water. He holds a BA in Accounting.
PMI's global engineering team supports technology customers and innovators with a broad range of Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineering services. PMI has assembled a team of experts from around the globe to assist customers at any point in the design cycle.
- Design Process
- Electronics Design
- Software Design
- Mechanical Design
- Industrial Design
- PCB Design
Utilization of PMI's design services will enable rapid market entry for our customers. It provides flexibility by becoming the extension of your engineering and allowing customers to focus on their business strategy.
PMI's test development team can assist in developing a test and validation strategy to ensure product functionality and reliability. During the product development cycle, our engineers can quickly assess the testability of the product and, if necessary, suggest changes or improvements that will ensure that the maximum number of components and functions can be validated prior to delivery.
The Test and Validation Services include development of:
- In-circuit Test
- Functional Test
- Environmental Test
- Validation Test
New Product Introduction (NPI)
PMI's NPI process has been developed to assist customers in accelerating delivery of products to their markets while minimizing cost. PMI's Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) maximizes opportunity for design and process improvement, and enables sustainable profitable growth while maximizing product life cycles.
The NPI Process Includes:
- Assessment of Manufacturability and Testability
- Documentation Package Review
- Design for Sourcing and Analysis of Critical Components
- Implementation and Validation of Manufacturing and product validation processes
- Quick-Turn Prototyping
While early supplier involvement provides for design and process improvement, PMI's customer centric management team ensures that this is an ongoing activity as products are designed, produced, and redeveloped for the next generation.
Supply Chain Management
Lower cost, rapid market entry, and high quality are critical elements to improve competitive position and are enabled by an effective supply chain management.
We assist our customers in identifying critical component availability and cost reduction strategies.
PMI's supply chain solution provides maximum flexibility and responsiveness through collaboration and strategic approach. PMI can assume supply chain responsibility from component sourcing through delivery of finished product:
- PMI's Quotation Team works with customers to develop an initial costing and sourcing strategy based on customer's specific product requirements.
- PMI's sourcing services utilize global partnerships and manufacturing scale to secure the best cost and material availability for our customer base.
- PMI's sourcing experts are located in US and Asia, enabling us to manage our global network of suppliers and ensure an optimal flow of components and materials to our manufacturing centers.
- Customer-Focused Teams work diligently on getting the right parts at the right time at the lowest cost to our customers. Automatic replenishment techniques and materials flexibility solutions minimize administrative constraints and enable our Supply Chain Specialists to meet our unique customer needs.
PMI's supply chain focus is on building internal and external systems and relationships, which allow us to capitalize on our expertise to align with your objectives and integrate with your processes today and in the future.
Flexibility, responsiveness, communication, global supply chain management and speed are key values in what we offer our customers. We establish clear communication about our customer needs and requirement enabling a seamless integration with their objectives and processes. PMI's manufacturing capability supports high and low-mix assemblies for prototypes, to medium-volume quantities in California and high-volume production in Asia.
Manufacturing services include:
- 24 hour or same day labor quotes
- 5 days or less Material Quotes
- Analysis of your design for Manufacturability and Testability
- Process Development
- Product Data Management
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Services
- Materials Management
- RoHS Compliance
- 24 hour or same day Proto-Type
- 5 days Standard manufacturing lead time
- Pre-production and volume production
- Printed circuit Assembly and Test
- Cable & Harness Assembly and Test
- Mechanical Assembly & Box Build
- Injection Molding
- Systems Assembly and Test
- Complex Systems Integration
- End-to-End Traceability
PMI's customer centric management team ensures delivering of a quality product in a timely manner and at a competitive price.
- Double sided, mirrored BGA assembly
- Double sided, single reflow processing
- Fine pitch high pin count press fit connectors
- Flip chip
- Lead-free assembly
- Mictor connectors
- Bare die attach
- Continuous flow SMT lines
- Size up to 24" x 36" x .5" x 48+ layers
- RoHS and Tin Lead
- Aqueous and No Clean
- SMT, Wave, and Automatic 12 Ton closed-loop press fit
- Fixtureless Test and AOI - 33,792 nodes
- High Resolution Transmissive XRay Inspection
Global Manufacturing services:
- North America Operations
Printed Circuit Board Assembly
Cables and Harness Assembly
Box Build and System Integration
- Asia Operations
Sheet Metal - West Shanghai
Plastics - Hangzhou (Mid Volume)
Plastics - Shenzhen (High Volume)
PCB Fabrication - Kunshan
High Volume PCB Assembly - Suzhou
- World Class Manufacturing Facilities
- Secured and Climate Controlled
- ESD Controlled
PMI's customer centric program management team's focus is to increase operational and financial performance by aligning our processes to meet our customer's objectives.
PMI's global customer centric management teams have been developed to:
- Support clients through Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) resulting in improved ROI.
- Utilize global supply chain reducing material acquisition time and cost.
- Accelerate time to market by rapidly executing newly defined quotation and production processes.
Program Management Services include:
- Program manager responsible for leading the cross functional service teams
- Program Manager is the single point of contact for customer
- Demand management execution based on hard forecast and planning to soft forecast
- Manage quotation process
- On time delivery, quality, communication, and technology
- New Product Introduction (NPI) and Early Supplier Involvement (ESI)
- Monthly and Quarterly business review
PMI's employees are committed by policy to meet and exceed our customers' expectation. PMI demonstrates this by:
- Continual improvement of the quality management system
- Effectively communicating policies and objectives both internally and externally
- Employee empowerment, allowing employees to monitor their processes and make adjustments with management to foster continual improvement.
- Continuous training in all areas of manufacturing
- Group participation of systematic root cause elimination
- Formulation of partnerships with world class suppliers
International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO gives the requirements for quality management systems, is now firmly established as the globally implemented standard for providing assurance about the ability to satisfy quality requirements and to enhance customer satisfaction in supplier-customer relationships.
Probe Manufacturing has developed and implemented this quality management system to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and statutory and regulatory requirements, and to address customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including continual improvement and the prevention of nonconformity. This is basically for quality check.
British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT)
BABT, based in Walton on Thames, Surrey is part of the Industry Division of the TÜV SÜD Group which employs over 13,000 people in 600 locations, and is one of the leading technical service companies in the world.
With over 25 years' experience, BABT is the world's leading impartial Telecommunications Certification Body, recognized and respected throughout the world for its expertise in approving products and systems to the Radio, Telecoms and IT sectors.
Our certification schemes give confidence that products and services comply with objective standards and relevant regulatory requirements.
International Patent Classification (IPC)
PMI has adopted IPC-A-610 Class II and Class III as its workmanship standard. An IPC training program has been implemented to all technicians. IPC is a U.S. based trade association that provides guidelines and standards for the design, manufacturing and acceptance of electronics and electromechanical assemblies.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
PMI is registered company with Food and Drug Administration making sure your products meet all aspects and regulations before entering the market.
If FDA grants an approval, it means the agency has determined that the benefits of the product outweigh the risks for the intended use.
To receive FDA approval for these devices, the manufacturer must demonstrate that its devices provide a reasonable assurance of safety and effectiveness.
Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA)
Probe Manufacturing addresses ESD as a serious reliability threat to our customer's product. We take every effort to ensure strict compliance to Industry standards, such as EIA-2020 (Supersedes EIA-625) and have benchmarked a recognized OEM ESD leader.
Underwriters Labortories Inc. (UL)
UL is an independent product safety certification organization.
PMI is a UL-certified company and all products demonstrate compliance with the appropriate safety requirements, many of which are developed by UL. Our manufacturing processes also demonstrate that it has a program in place to ensure that each copy of the product complies with the appropriate requirements. If a product design is modified, it will be retested before a UL mark can be attached to the new product or its packaging.
CSA International (CSA)
CSA is accredited in the U.S. by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL), and in Canada by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
PMI test and certify products to applicable safety or performance standards including CSA-Certified and all products meet the requirements.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
'The Production Part Approval Process is used in the automotive supply chain to establish confidence in component suppliers and their production processes, by demonstrating that:
"....all customer engineering design record and specification requirements are properly understood by the supplier and that the process has the potential to produce product consistently meeting these requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate."
PMI is making sure the following principals are met and implemented in our process and procedures:
1) The client's requirements have been understood
2) The product supplied meets those requirements
3) The process (including sub suppliers) is capable of producing conforming product
4) The production control plan and quality management system will prevent non-conforming product reaching the client or compromising the safety and reliability of finished vehicles
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
The directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment 2002/95/EC; commonly referred to as the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive, or RoHS, was adopted in February 2003 by the European Union.
RoHS is not the only environmental standard of which electronic product developers should be aware. Manufacturers will find that it is cheaper to have only a single bill of materials (BOM) for a product that is distributed worldwide, instead of customizing the product to fit each country's specific environmental laws. Therefore, they develop their own standards, which allow only the strictest of all allowable substances.
PMI has adopted our own compliance marks to reduce confusion; although, RoHS does not require any specific product labeling and our processes and procedures comply with such standards when needed or it is a customer's requirement.