Home > Boards > US OTC > Food - Processing and Agriculture > Sino Agro Food Inc (SIAF)

A quick Investor Tour update: We are back in

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (5) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
melehuna Member Profile

Followed By 11
Posts 401
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 09/21/12
160x600 placeholder
melehuna   Tuesday, 12/17/13 10:33:58 AM
Re: None
Post # of 163511 
A quick Investor Tour update:

We are back in Guangzhou with wifi for the first time in 3 days, and are presently dining in Leonie Restaurant #4, overlooking the Zhujiang River. After days of delicious dining, including at Bull Restaurant, the food here is an exceptionally tasty combination of Malaysian and western style dishes using the company's seafood, beef and produce. The eel was fabulous (my only experience eating eel is unagi at sushi restaurants, which I like very much), and this flower pattern eel was excellent - as was the sleepy cod.

The progress at Xining was impressive. We visited two cooperative cattle farms, and spent a day at SJAP. The cattle houses are renovated and modernized; there are more of them; the fertilizer factory is running one shift per day in the winter, but will resume three shifts per day when the weather warms up. There were different production rooms and lines for the different fertilizer formulations, and the facility was huge. We climbed at least four flights to the top. The control room was one or two stories above the production lines, and employs a CNC programmer/operator full time.

The abattoir is operating, while construction is on-going. For example, only two of four (huge) flash freezing rooms are in operation. Unfortunately, I did witness 3 live cows being slaughtered (and could not sleep that night because of the images in my mind), and the butchering processes of many others. The aging rooms had a dozen or more carcasses hanging, and de-boning and packaging operations were taking place.

The progress at HSA was also immense. Many more buildings than last year, plus roads and other infrastructure that did not exist. An excavator was clearing adjacent land, where the hill will be leveled for cattle houses. Currently, the fertilizer is made of chicken manure purchased from local farmers; cow manure will be added when cattle operations come online. We saw the various stages of fermentation, and the production lines in operation.

Tour participants will send their good photos to IR (Peter) for use on the website and Facebook. Before that, I will try to upload some and will post a link when I do.

Tomorrow we visit PF2, PF1, FF1 and HU / cattle farm in Enping.

More to come.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (5) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences