Quantum
Home > Boards > The Lounge > Humor/Jokes > Weird, Funny News & Jokes

'Stupidest Statements Awards' of 2005 Announced by Man

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
midastouch017 Member Profile

Followed By 99
Posts 23,113
Boards Moderated 2
Alias Born 02/07/04
160x600 placeholder
midastouch017   Tuesday, 01/03/06 09:38:54 AM
Re: None
Post # of 2904 
'Stupidest Statements Awards' of 2005 Announced by Man with Perfect IQ
1/3/2006 9:30:33 AM

TAVARES, Fla., Jan 03, 2006 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- "The Stupidest Statements Awards" of 2005, bestowed on famous people for their misjudgments and misstatements, have just been announced by Mega Genius(R), "the man with the perfect IQ(TM)." His annual prizes of recognition for what he calls "crash-and-burn lapses in intelligence" by well-known personalities are just for fun. Mega Genius(R) follows each award with a quip.

1. Pat Robertson, televangelist and former U.S. presidential candidate, for advocating on the air that U.S. agents assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez: "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it." August 22, 2005. (Mega Genius: "What was that commandment of God's again?")

2. Barbara Bush, former first lady and mother of U.S. President George W. Bush, for declaring at the hurricane Katrina refugee shelter, in the Houston Astrodome, that the victims were actually better off thanks to the devastating floods: "So many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working (chuckle) very well for them." September 6, 2005. (Mega Genius: "Let them eat beignets.")

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran, for his call for Israel's eradication, at a student rally, in Tehran: "As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map." October 26, 2005. (Mega Genius: "To hell with the peaceful aims of the United Nations.")

4. Steve House, London Assistant Metropolitan Police Commissioner, for his explanation of the killing of a Brazilian man, in the subway, whom police mistook for a suicide bomber and shot in the head seven times: "The Met does not have a shoot-to-kill policy. It may seem like semantics, but it is not. If you speak to anybody in central operations, they do not shoot to kill, they shoot to incapacitate people." October 27, 2005. (Mega Genius: "So, how many more head shots should have been required to kill him?")

5. Oscar Goodman, Las Vegas mayor and former Mafia lawyer, for his televised proposal of how to handle those who deface freeways with graffiti: "I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb. That may be the right thing to do." November 2, 2005. (Mega Genius: "And I'll bet he knows just the thugs to do the job.")

6. Al Sharpton, minister, civil rights activist and former U.S. presidential candidate, for his revelation after Texas State Troopers chased the 2005 Lincoln in which he was riding, swerving through traffic for 9 miles at speeds up to 110 miles per hour, and arrested his driver for evading arrest and reckless driving: "That 9-mile chase is news to me." August 28, 2005. (Mega Genius: "When I snap my fingers, you will awake.")

7. George W. Bush, U.S. President, for his disclosure of how he convinces others: "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." May 24, 2005. (Mega Genius: "I wouldn't repeat that again.")

8. Larry Krueger, former radio talk-show host at KNBR, the flagship station of the San Francisco Giants baseball team, for his criticism that resulted in his firing: "I just cannot watch this brand of baseball any longer. A truly awful, pathetic old team only promises to be worse two years from now. It's just awful. It really is bad to watch. Brain-dead Caribbean hitters hacking at slop nightly." August 3, 2005. (Mega Genius: "Uh, Larry, your employer was part owner of the team.")

9. David Vitter, U.S. Senator from Louisiana, for his advisory during a press briefing, in Baton Rouge, nearly a day after the breach of a canal levee began filling up New Orleans with as much as 25 feet (8 meters) of water, like a bowl: "I don't want to alarm everybody that, you know, New Orleans is filling up like a bowl. That's just not happening." August 30, 2005. (Mega Genius: "Then he clicked his heels together three times.")

10. Fisher DeBerry, U.S. Air Force football coach, for his analysis of his team's 48-10 loss to Texas Christian University: "It's very obvious to me the other day that the other team had a lot more Afro-American players than we did, and they ran a lot faster than we did." October 25, 2005. (Mega Genius: "If only he could find some white boys who could run.")

Mega Genius(R) has held memberships in all the major high-IQ societies in the world. He has the highest level of intelligence measurable on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale - Revised, the most modern and accurate intelligence test of the twenty-first century. His intelligence hits the top of the IQ scale and continues to some unknown and immeasurable point.

Lectures by Mega Genius(R) that are designed to skyrocket one's intelligence are available at http://www.megagenius.com.

Dubi

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist