Home > Boards > US OTC > Biotechs > Rock Creek Pharmaceuticals Inc. (RCPIQ)

Here's the exchange in the RAI Conference Call

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
NukeJohn Member Profile

Followed By 79
Posts 2,020
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 11/12/03
160x600 placeholder
NukeJohn   Saturday, 11/03/12 04:49:33 PM
Re: None
Post # of 30609 
Here's the exchange in the RAI Conference Call that caught my attention (courtesy of Seeking Alpha). From these comments, I think RJ Reynolds is going to sign (or has already signed) a license with Star and put Anatabine Citrate in their new Vuze Solo E-cig product they are launching. The details of this might come out on Nov. 12th, when RJR has their industry day presentations on their new products. I think they may even put Anatabine in their Zonnic nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) product. We may know more in a few days.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/942541-reynolds-american-management-discusses-q3-2012-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=5&p=qanda&l=last

excerpts...(bold is mine)

Michael Lavery
And on the e-cigarette side where there's presumably comparable products in the marketplace that seem to be growing, is there a reason you're taking a what seems to be a more cautious approach as opposed to a bigger launch?

Daniel M. Delen - Chief Executive Officer, President and Director
I think it's fair to characterize our product as being substantially different than anything else in the marketplace. This is a sort of organically developed -- it was developed here in the U.S. and manufacture is also U.S.-based, so it's a substantially differentiated product in the marketplace. And we're quite excited actually about its potential of being successful in the marketplace, but also being quite unique and differentiated in the marketplace.

Michael Lavery
Can you give a sense of what differentiates it?

Well, I would say, we would certainly point to really 3 aspects of that. We would say it's different from a product efficacy point of view, it's different from a product quality point of view and it's different from a stewardship point of view as well.

Michael Lavery
Sorry, stewardship is the last one?

It's just about some of the potential kind of health impact in that category.

-------------------------------------------------------

When I heard this exchange, I immediately thought of Anatabine Citrate being included in the Vuze Solo e-cig product they are launching. Anatabine would give them a unique product that offers product differentiation and would provide a unique health benefit (actually numerous unique health benefits). It would be very different from a product efficacy standpoint. All the things that the CEO said point to anatabine citrate IMHO.

http://tobaccocommons.com/2012/07/30/rj-reynolds-plans-to-release-electronic-cigarettevuse-solo/

That would be a nice feather in Star's cap...to be able to announce they have licensed RJR for Anatabloc (anatabine citrate) for e-cigs. How great would it be for a tobacco company to be selling a product to help smokers stop smoking, but at the same time, being able to help them with chronic low level inflammation associated with autoimmune diseases.

Watch this video to see some of the things that Anatabine Citrate could help treat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StVre96Vzr8

JMHO,

NJ

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist