Home > Boards > Canadian > Mining/Resources > Infinity Minerals Corporation (TSX:IFN)

New Release

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Spec_Investor Member Profile

Followed By 12
Posts 2,124
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 04/21/11
160x600 placeholder
Spec_Investor   Tuesday, 05/08/12 02:48:40 PM
Re: None
Post # of 2 
New Release

April 25, 2012

INFINITY MINERALS INITIATES WORK ON ITS RAINBOW PROJECT

Infinity Minerals Corp (V.IFN) announces that the Company has commenced Stage 1 of the exploration program on its 100% owned Rainbow Project located approximately four kilometers northwest of the communityof Midway in south central BC, in the Greenwood Mining District. The property, comprising 317.64 hectares,covers two known gold - silver occurrences identified in the BC Ministry of Mines (BCMEM) Minfile database as the MIDWAY MINE (Minfile No. 082M-194) and the PICTURE ROCK QUARRY (Minfile No.082M-194) that have undergone intermittent exploration by various mining companies since the 1980's.

Exploration work completed by Infinity Minerals Corp. in 2011 confirmed the anomalous gold values reported from mineralization at the Midway Mine area and the Picture Rock Quarry, extended the geochemical anomaly associated with the Midway Mine Prospect and confirmed that significant skarn type copper-gold mineralization is present adjacent to the Rainbow Property. In the Company's 43-101 compliant technical report dated September 15, 2011 (filed on SEDAR) it is recommended that Infinity complete a staged exploration program designed to evaluate potential extensions of known mineralization and assess the potential for additional mineralized zones in the eastern part of the Property. Initial field work will consist of detailed geochemical surveys designed to further evaluate existing mineralized zones and to assess the exploration potential of the eastern parts of the Property.

Based on the potential for discovery of an epithermal type deposit similar to the historic Republic Mine in northern Washington State, Minnova optioned the Rainbow property in 1989 and completed geochemical surveys and sampling over the Midway Mine area. This work identified a large, northeast trending, multi-element (Au, Ag, Pb, Zn, As) soil anomaly (approximately 300 meters x 100 meters in size) located to the east of the Midway Mine prospect. Trench sampling at the Midway Mine returned values of 2.8 g/t gold and 218 g/t silver over a 4.5 meter interval. In 1990 Minnova completed seven drill holes in the area of the Midway Mine and identified several low grade but significant intercepts. DDH 90-01 intersected 23 meters of altered felsic intrusive rock mineralized with pyrite that returned a 10.5 interval averaging 0.326 g/t gold and 52.7 g/t silver. DDH-90-04 also intersected the altered intrusive rocks and returned a 12.5 meter interval that averaged 0.242 g/t gold and 17.0 g/t silver. Minnova recommended additional drill testing but allowed the option to lapse in the early 1990's due to poor market conditions.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences