Sniffex Corporation / Overview
Sniffex is a pocket-sized, hand held device for the detection of a wide variety of explosives based on its ability to detect the presence of Nitro Oxide ions (free radicals) within its effective range. Most existing and emerging detection systems are typically too expensive and locate explosives only within a few inches of the the explosive. Other existing products need to be close enough to inhale air around the explosive. Sniffex uses a totally different approach. It uses the interference between the magnetic field of the earth, the explosive, and the device itself, allowing the device to penetrate and locate even small amounts of explosives through concrete and metal barriers. Unlike other devices Sniffex can locate and find explosives from 10-300 feet, even when the explosive is hidden in buildings or in vehicles.
Sniffex is made up of two components - a signal generator module and a detection module. In operation, the signal generator is activated to emit an energy signal of a target material's characteristic frequency. The power level of the energy source will begin to activate the electrons of nitro-based materials that have the characteristic frequency generated. Once the target material is activated, it too will begin to emit a signal having the characteristic frequency of the signal generator.
The detection module is moved through a range between the source module and the target material. When the detection module encounters the highest energy line between the source module and target material, which is the shortest line between the two energy sources, the Sniffex antenna will rotate to designate that the line has been crossed.
As the antenna continues to move through a range it will continue to point in the direction of the source module and the target material. Once a set of co-ordinates for the target material have been generated, then the exact location of the target can be calculated. Two or three measurements from different directions are required for precise location of a target. If a particular location is suspect, as in a suitcase, Sniffex can be used to detect if a target material is in that location.
We have successfully demonstrated that Sniffex can penetrate concrete and brick walls are as well as metal structures, containers, and vehicles. Only a few hours of education and training is required, if provided by a trained instructor.
Sniffex can be used in many possible scenarios:
1. Search in Buildings – The search can be conducted from the outside and a single Sniffex operator, walking by a house or small building for less than a minute can check for ammunition or explosives inside. Sniffex allows an operator to walk on the street and search for explosives in the buildings that are passed.
2. Cars, Parking lots – A simple walk around a parking lot with Sniffex can detect explosives hidden in one or more of the cars.
3. Planes – Security personnel, using Sniffex, can pass by a commercial aircraft with all passengers and luggage on board and can check the airplane before takeoff in a couple of minutes, to find out if there is anything dangerous on board; and it can be done from a safe distance of 20-50 feet.
4. Luggage – Sniffex can check big amounts of luggage at airports or customs. - even 10-20 grams of explosive can give a positive reading with the device.
5. Police Use – Police can use the device to screen suspect’s homes before they entering - all that is needed is to pass by the home with Sniffex activated and from the street Sniffex can detect if there are any explosives in the house (Sometimes, Sniffex is so sensitive that it will even show positive readings if there are handguns or ammunitions in the house.)
6. SWAT Teams – Special Forces can use Sniffex to check for everything from large explosives to ammunition stockpiles.
7. Land Mines –We believe it is possible to use Sniffex to find land mines in shallow soil, but to date, this situation has not been proven.
8. Crowds – A walk by a big crowd of people by security personnel can identify explosives in the area.
Length: 35 mm;
Width: 32 mm;
Height: 100 mm;
Weight of the product: 550 g;
Detection rate for >50 g active compound, behind barrier: – 2 – 5m >90%
Detection rate for >1000 g active compound behind barrier: – 10 – 20m >90%
Total false rate: < 10%
Operational temperature: -20°C – +50°C
Wind: up to 1m/s
3. Ammonite (diesel).
6. Gun powder.
9. Other commercial explosives