A Quick Guide to Solar Energy Stocks
* Akeena Solar, Inc. [AKNS OTC Bulletin Board] Designer, installer, marketer, and seller of solar power systems for residential and small commercial customers.
* ARISE Technologies Corporation [APV.V Canadian Venture Exchange] Exclusive Canadian distributor of the MSK Just Roof [TM] BIPV [Building Integrated Photovoltaic] system.
* Canadian Solar (CSIQ) [NASDAQ] Involved in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of solar module products
* Carmanah Technologies Corporation [CMH.TO Toronto Stock Exchange] Supplier of solar-powered LED lighting, solar power systems & equipment and LED-illuminated signage.
* DayStar Technologies (DSTI) [NASDAQ] Developer, manufacturer, and marketer of Photovoltaic Foil products that convert sunlight directly into electricity.
* Deli Solar [USA], Inc. (DLSL) [OTC Bulletin Board] Designer, manufacturer, and seller of solar hot water heaters, coal-fired boilers, and space heating products.
* Energy Conversion Devices. (ENER) [NASDAQ] Designer, developer, and seller of materials, products, and production processes for the alternative energy generation, energy storage, and information technology markets.
* ErSol Solar Energy AG (ERSLF Pink Sheets) Producer of solar cells.
* Evergreen Solar (ESLR) [NASDAQ] Developer, manufacturer, and marketer of solar power products in Germany and the United States.
* First Solar (FSLR) [NASDAQ] Designs and manufactures solar modules through its proprietary thin film semiconductor technology.
* Hoku Scientific, Inc. (HOKU) [NASDAQ] develops polysilicon-based photovoltaic modules for solar power systems. Also develops other clean energy technologies.
* ICP Solar Technologies Inc. [ICPR OTCBB] Develops, manufactures and markets of solar cells and products.
* MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. (WFR) [NYSE] Produces wafers for the semiconductor and solar industries.
* SES Solar Inc. (SESI) [OTCBB] Involved in the production of solar photovoltaic modules and roof tiles from silicon cells.
* Solar Night Industries [SLND Pink Sheets] Global manufacturer and distributor of solar products.
* Solar Thin Films, Inc. [SLTF Pink Sheets] Develops industrial thin film solar cell manufacturing equipment.
* Spire (SPIR) [NASDAQ] Developer, manufacturer, and marketer of solar equipment, solar systems, biomedical, and optoelectronics.
* Sunpower Corporation (SPWR) [NASDAQ] Developer, manufacturer, and marketer of solar electric power products.
* Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. (STP) [NYSE] Designs, develops, manufactures, and markets photovoltaic cells and modules.
* Sustainable Energy Tech. [STG.V Canadian Venture Exchange] Developer, manufacturer, and marketer of advanced power inverters for the renewable energy industry.
* TrendSetter Solar Products, Inc. (TSSP Pink Sheets) Manufacturer of solar hot water heating and storage systems in the United States.
* WorldWater & Power (WWAT) [OTC Bulletin Board] Solar engineering and project management company.
* Xantrex Technology Inc. [XTX.TO Toronto Stock Exchange] Developer, manufacturer, and marketer of advanced power electronic products and systems for the renewable, portable, mobile, and programmable power markets.
* XSunX (XSNX) [OTC Bulletin Board] Developer of the commercialization and licensing of processes for the manufacture of semitransparent photovoltaic technologies.