Home > Boards > US OTC > Mining/Resources > Oidon Company, Ltd. (OIDN)

WORLD AT SIX, JUNE 21

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
prettynpink Member Profile
 
Followed By 93
Posts 21,733
Boards Moderated 4
Alias Born 10/25/06
160x600 placeholder
prettynpink   Friday, 06/22/07 09:14:59 AM
Re: None
Post # of 38879 
WORLD AT SIX, JUNE 21
Where to for gold miners?


The Chamber of Mines has urged the National Union of Mineworkers (Num) to go back to the negotiating table with regards to demands in the gold mining sector. Bruce Whitfield asks the spokesperson for Num how she feels about the issue.

Bruce Whitfield:
Lesiba Shoshoka joins us. Lesiba you are the spokesperson for the National Union of Mineworkers. You have just had a call from the Chamber of Mines and they want you to come back to the negotiation table.

Lesiba Shoshoka:
Yes we just received a call from the chamber that we must come back to the negotiation table, and yes, we are quite excited of that but at the same time we are very sad that they could actually have played such delaying tactics yesterday and being unable to give us an offer asking us whether we need to go and revise those demands because there are too many.

Bruce Whitfield:
They said you have got 62 demands they wanted you to cut those down, you have not cut those down, however the chamber says they will table an offer. When are you going to be meeting again?

Lesiba Shoshoka:
The chamber has called us to come and meet again on the second of July and I don't agree that there are 62 demands — we have submitted 16 demands in total from the National Union of Mineworkers so I don't know how they are calculating those demands.

Bruce Whitfield:
Now the second of July, is that not another delaying tactic? Surely you would want to meet them a lot sooner than that.

Lesiba Shoshoka:
Yes of course, this is actually a delaying tactic from the chamber as far as we are concerned and we are going to engage them quite robustly on this matter and that is why I am not saying we are going back to the chamber on the second but what I'm saying is that our leaders will sit down tomorrow and decide on the way forward on this matter.

Bruce Whitfield:
So there is still no decision yet as to whether or not you actually are withdrawing your dispute notice which you issued yesterday?

Lesiba Shoshoka:
Yes, well of course that decision should be made by the leadership. They need actually be able to contact a few of our representatives who were at the chamber yesterday who took that decision on behalf of the members so we need that mandate.



Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences