Home > Boards > The Lounge > Politics > Liberal Free Chat Zone (NOLIB)

. . .Got my first shower of the

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
PMS Witch Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 44
Posts 2,265
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 03/22/01
160x600 placeholder
PMS Witch Member Level  Sunday, 08/02/20 09:28:37 AM
Re: ksquared post# 336536
Post # of 336922 
. . .Got my first shower of the day and washed my clothes at the same time . . . .

We got some "multi-tasking" weather too.

When I went to bed, the Weather Channel predicted a 90% chance of rain overnight. Sure enough, when I awakened, it was raining. I commenced my morning routine anyway.

By the time I left for my walk, the rain had stopped. Because the road was still wet, I wore boots. But I took an umbrella, just in case.

At mile two, something was in the air. It wasn't rain, but it made me wet anyway. As whatever it was turned into a light rain, I deployed my umbrella.

The rain intensified. In fact, by now it was pouring pretty hard. I continued walking, and more from habit than necessity, gave houses with automated lawn watering a wide berth.

I'm only prevented from walking by ice or lightening, so when the sky lit up, I headed for home.

Before I made it to safety, the Heavens really opened up. Soon, a waterfall cascaded off the edges of my umbrella in all directions. As well, water "bounced" off the road high enough to reach my shorts. Of course, my feet were soaked.

When I finally made it to shelter, I had only a small "dry band" running from just below my shoulders to my waist. Everything else needed wringing out. I was able avoided dripping water into the house by hanging my wet clothes in the garage.

One thing for sure throughout my entire walk, the road wasn't crowded.

. . .You'd have to be nuts to be out this early in the rain to go shopping. . .

Thankfully, I wasn't shopping -- so maybe I'm not nuts.

Cheers, PW.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist