Home > Boards > Free Zone > User's Groups > Mohacsy's Safe Portfolio Member Forum

I mentioned CTL as a possible trade idea

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
santafe2 Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 12
Posts 5,747
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 07/10/03
160x600 placeholder
santafe2 Member Level  Friday, 05/22/20 03:41:31 PM
Re: None
Post # of 84781 
I mentioned CTL as a possible trade idea yesterday. After watching CTL fight any downward movement this morning when the market was down I looked at my basic set of technical tools to see if they were confirming the price strength. None of them were particularly useful.

Later in the morning I decided to look at OBV which is a tool that can help you understand valuable aspects regarding volume that are not evident in the standard red/green histogram.

This OBV chart is a cautionary tale as it continues to descend as the price moves up. If other indicators were contradicting this trend I might ignore it.

What this OBV trend is saying is that larger traders, "smart money" are selling in larger volumes and then retail traders are coming in, in smaller volumes and driving the price back up.

It's enough to keep me on the sideline for now.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (1) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist