Home > Boards > Canadian > Basic Materials > Barrick Gold Corp. (ABX)

Giant Donlin Gold project obtains more necessary permits

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
NYBob Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 849
Posts 77,506
Boards Moderated 64
Alias Born 11/22/03
160x600 placeholder
NYBob Member Level  Thursday, 02/06/20 10:28:54 AM
Re: None
Post # of 2949 
Giant Donlin Gold project obtains more necessary permits
Allen Sykora Allen Sykora
Thursday February 06, 2020 08:21
Kitco NewsShare this article:
(Kitco News) -

Novagold Resources Inc. (NYSE American, TSX: NG) announced Thursday that its flagship Donlin Gold project has received more of the necessary permits to begin construction, this time from the Alaska Department of Natural Resources.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-02-06/Giant-Donlin-Gold-project-obtains-more-necessary-permits.html

The project, co-owned by Novagold and Barrick Gold Corp., got final state right-of-way authorization for a buried pipeline for natural gas. The Department of Natural Resources has also given final authorization of easement, land leases, land use permits and the material site OK for proposed transportation facilities, as well as an easement for a fiber-optic cable on state lands. Also, by denying an appeal, the Department of Natural Resources affirmed the January 2019 approval of Donlin Gold’s reclamation plan and accompanied permit, Novagold said.

“We are very pleased to see the issuance of key transportation and energy infrastructure approvals for Donlin Gold,” said Greg Lang, president and chief executive officer of Novagold. “These final state land authorizations are important for the advancement of Donlin Gold.”

The company said a proposed 316-mile natural-gas pipeline would be 14 inches in diameter, typically buried at three to six feet deep, providing a reliable natural-gas supply regardless of weather or season to support power generation at the site.

Donlin Gold is considered one of the largest known open-pit gold deposits in the world. Once in production, Donlin Gold is expected to produce an average of more than 1 million ounces annually over a 27-year mine life.

By Allen Sykora
For Kitco News

My opinions are my own and and DD I post should be confirmed as unbiased
Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences