STRONG DECLINE IN DELINQUENCIES - BLACK KNIGHT
JOB RISE SUPPORT DECLINING HOME DELINQUENCIES FOR PMI COMPANIES -TG.
Monday, November 25, 2019
Black Knight's First Look: National Mortgage Delinquency Rate Decreased in October
From Black Knight: Black Knight’s First Look: Strong Decline in October Mortgage Delinquencies; Refi Wave Pushes Prepayments to Highest Level in More than Six Years
• The national delinquency rate fell to 3.39% in October, a nearly 7% decline from last year, and within 0.03% of the record low set in May 2019
• Serious delinquencies fell by 10,000 from September, while the number of loans in active foreclosure edged up slightly (+3,000)
• Prepayment activity climbed another 16% in October to the highest level since May 2013
• Prepays are now up 134% year-over-year as refinancing homeowners continue to take advantage of low interest rates
• However, modest rises in 30-year rates in recent weeks – coupled with seasonal slowing in home sales – may dampen prepayment rates in coming months
According to Black Knight's First Look report for October, the percent of loans delinquent decreased in October compared to September, and decreased 6.9% year-over-year.
The percent of loans in the foreclosure process increased 1.0% in October and were down 6.2% over the last year.
Black Knight reported the U.S. mortgage delinquency rate (loans 30 or more days past due, but not in foreclosure) was 3.39% in October, down from 3.53% in September.
The percent of loans in the foreclosure process increased slightly in to 0.48% from 0.48% in September.
Black Knight: Percent Loans Delinquent and in Foreclosure Process
Delinquent 3.39% 3.53% 3.64% 4.44%
In Foreclosure 0.48% 0.48% 0.52% 0.68%
Number of properties:
Number of properties that are delinquent, but not in foreclosure: 1,786,000 1,854,000 1,884,000 2,262,000
Number of properties in foreclosure pre-sale inventory: 255,000 252,000 267,000 348,000
Total Properties Delinquent or in foreclosure 2,041,000 2,106,000 2,152,000 2,610,000