Home > Boards > The Lounge > Coffee Shop > ETERNITY

Holinessinvestorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2019/5/4/piowmHOLINESSx.png

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Ranb2khz Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 419
Posts 10,299
Boards Moderated 5
Alias Born 07/16/08
160x600 placeholder
Ranb2khz Member Level  Saturday, 05/04/19 03:52:06 AM
Re: None
Post # of 28201 
Holiness

Definition: In the highest sense belongs to God, and to Christians as consecrated to God's service, and in so far as they are conformed in all things to the will of God. Personal holiness is a work of gradual development. It is carried on under many hindrances, hence the frequent admonitions to watchfulness, prayer, and perseverance. (See also SANCTIFICATION) ~ Easton's Bible Dictionary

"Therefore, dear friends, since we have such promises, let us cleanse ourselves from every impurity of the flesh and spirit, completing our sanctification [perfecting holiness] in the fear of God." ~ 2 Corinthians 7:1

"Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires of your former ignorance. But as the One who called you is holy, you also are to be holy in all your conduct; for it is written, Be holy, because I am holy." ~ 1 Peter 1:13-16

"Pursue peace with everyone, and holiness — without it no one will see the Lord." ~ Hebrews 12:14

"How can a person keep their way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. I have sought You with all my heart; don’t let me wander from Your commands. I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You." ~ Psalm 119:9-11

"He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began." ~ 2 Timothy 1:9

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive [or idolatrous] way in me; lead me in the everlasting way." ~ Psalm 139:23-24

"For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose. Do everything without grumbling and arguing, so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God who are faultless in a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you shine like stars in the world. Hold firmly to the message of life." ~ Philippians 2:13-16a

"Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children. And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave Himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God. But sexual immorality and any impurity or greed should not even be heard of among you, as is proper for saints. Coarse and foolish talking or crude joking are not suitable, but rather giving thanks. For know and recognize this: Every sexually immoral or impure or greedy person, who is an idolater, does not have an inheritance in the kingdom of the Messiah and of God." ~ Ephesians 5:1-5

"Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship [reasonable service]. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." ~ Romans 12:1-2

"But now, since you have been liberated from sin and have become enslaved to God, you have your fruit, which results in sanctification [holiness] — and the end is eternal life!" ~ Romans 6:22

"Don’t you yourselves know that you are God’s sanctuary and that the Spirit of God lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s sanctuary, God will destroy him; for God’s sanctuary is holy, and that is what you are." ~ 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Where will you spend ETERNITY?
Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist