Home > Boards > US OTC > Biotechs > NorthWest Biotherapeutics Inc. (NWBO)

Basin Street Blues,

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Doc logic Member Profile

Followed By 42
Posts 4,653
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 01/26/16
160x600 placeholder
Quarterly Report (10-q) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 5/10/2019 5:24:36 PM
Annual Report (10-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 4/2/2019 5:23:33 PM
Notification That Annual Report Will Be Submitted Late (nt 10-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 3/19/2019 5:19:39 PM
Amended Statement of Ownership (sc 13g/a) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 2/14/2019 3:33:33 PM
Amended Statement of Ownership (sc 13g/a) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 2/14/2019 3:20:35 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 2/7/2019 5:26:54 PM
Proxy Statement (definitive) (def 14a) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 1/8/2019 6:04:56 AM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 12/20/2018 4:18:14 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 12/11/2018 4:17:32 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 11/28/2018 5:28:53 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 11/23/2018 1:44:13 PM
Quarterly Report (10-q) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 11/16/2018 5:38:07 PM
Notification That Quarterly Report Will Be Submitted Late (nt 10-q) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 11/15/2018 3:15:58 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 11/13/2018 4:49:26 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 9/13/2018 4:24:26 PM
Quarterly Report (10-q) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 8/14/2018 4:52:44 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 6/28/2018 5:23:29 PM
Prospectus Filed Pursuant to Rule 424(b)(5) (424b5) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 6/28/2018 4:12:19 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 6/18/2018 5:16:53 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 6/1/2018 4:34:18 PM
Current Report Filing (8-k) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 5/31/2018 5:01:23 PM
Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership (4) Edgar (US Regulatory) - 5/31/2018 7:03:23 AM
Doc logic   Friday, 01/11/19 05:54:49 PM
Re: Basin Street Blues post# 207913
Post # of 228469 
Basin Street Blues,

I respect your experience with corporate lawyers but you knew Linda and Les were corporate lawyers before you ever invested.
With that in mind, why would you ever trust them based on your experience with others? That reminds me of the old Native American proverb about the boy who went to the top of a mountain and found a rattlesnake curled up and nearly frozen. The snake pleaded with the boy to take him down from the mountain and the boy said no because he told the snake that he would bite him and kill him when he got warmed up in the valley below. The snake pleaded even more and swore an oath that he would do no such thing. Well the boy relented and put the snake around his neck to warm him up on the way down. At the bottom of the mountain the snake bit the boy and dropped down to the ground below and slithered off. When the boy cried out "Why did you bite me when I showed you kindness and saved your life?" The snake turned and said "You knew I was a snake" then continued to slither away. Linda has brought DCVax-L to the point of reaching the finish line and you, like the Native American boy, claim to have helped "a corporate lawyer". Thank you. You may not like how she did this but my due diligence indicated that she would get us here and I was prepared from the beginning to go the distance. I hope you were too.

Just for the record, as a difference between your involvement and mine with regard to interactions with management, I want to state that I have never had a conversation with anyone in management that I know of. I assume by making this statement that I have not responded to any management member disguised as a message board poster. As an aside, I know flipper44 recently assumed I had spoken to management but I did not. I just took what seemed to be obvious from several legal documents and extrapolated a potential explanation for the dispute between Cognate and NWBO. Long ago I spoke to the NWBO receptionist and one or two other times I left messages with no expectation of a return phone call and none was forthcoming.

My investment strategy and rational is not based on what management says. In my opinion they have been willing to say whatever needs to be said to get to the finish line and that was made more than clear, at least to me, on multiple occasions. This misguidance may not always have been planned for by NWBO but it has been a strong part of the bear argument for a very long time and is not an unreasonable complaint in my opinion based on all evidence.

As far as my own perceptions of timelines are concerned, I depend on what the science says and the normal cycles for validation based on ability for those cycles to be completed. Those expected timelines have indeed changed over the course of the trial and been impacted by enrollment rates, expansion, the hold and then the final cohort being all treatment with SOC/placebo being left out. I do not believe for a minute that only these factors are to blame for your situation or all the historical situations where investors felt misled.

I originally began to buy NWBO shares in 2012 with the idea that NWBO was finishing up about a 20 year start to finish cycle that I saw with other novel immunotherapy treatments from small bios. I knew I had time to play the cycles if I decided to get out in the first year or 2. By the end of 2013 to early 2014 trial resizing was in the cards so I had to evaluate what that might signify. The early PFS numbers indicated to me that PFS was coming in under the 6 months range needed for trial success but were seemingly showing some improvement over expected SOC numbers. With the resizing, the PFS needed dropped to 4 months benefit which seemed to be within the original range being seen so my longer term outlook remained positive and I bought some more near the interim lows. In 2014 Mr. Neil Woodford finally came on board and put some wind into the sails through mid 2015. The halt brought lots of negative speculation but I came to the conclusion that the halt was for positive reasons based on how it all played out with no news given when bad news needs to be disclosed. Since that time I have bought the vast majority of my shares with those shares cost average basis under $.30. Next month will have all patients at 42 months post surgery and the blended data curves show a massive OS event rate drop off by then. If the last cohort is being measured to this point then there will be some very significant data generated for comparison between them and all other patients. Will they say something like this soon? I hope so but as this may be related to the halt and the halt may be related to why Mr. Woodford is not trading then there might need to be other news first for protection from any hostile attempts at control. Time lines most certainly can be projected at this point and those time lines are backed by cash on hand to reach them. Best wishes. -Doc Logout- LOL!

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist