Home > Boards > US OTC > Miscellaneous > Charlestowne Premium Beverages Inc. (FPWM)

OT for Logman/ others:

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Caradoc Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 6
Posts 667
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 06/13/00
160x600 placeholder
Caradoc Member Level  Monday, 05/08/06 11:41:51 PM
Re: None
Post # of 23687 
OT for Logman/ others:

Yes, I've been in touch with Reg. (For any newcomers over the last year or so, Reg Guheert was the stockholder battery guru that a bunch of us got together to send to the battery conference in Long Beach a few years ago. I was fortunate enough to share a meal with him at the Proud Bird restaurant near LAX before watching him head south on I-405, legally driving solo in the carpool lane because of the electric vehicle he had rented from Budget's EV Rentals.)

For my solar setup, I had initially focused in on one company's NiFe cell -- partly because the specs looked better and partly because of its sleek appearance compared to the clunky looking competition -- but wanted to tap Reg's expertise before putting my money down. After reviewing the spec sheet, Reg not only approved but said he was impressed by the figures on internal resistance and liked the way having two negative and two positive terminals on each cell would simplify the circuitry for a two-inverter setup. He also pointed out that going with a set of the 600 amp hour cells rather than 500 would enable me to make full use of my 5,500 watt inverters.

Bottom line: In a few weeks, I'll join Reg as one of the few people whose solar setup has the advantages of the alkaline chemistry nickel-iron battery that Edison invented a hundred years ago and which Alvin Snaper was on the verge of recreating when he first developed the patent for foamed plates.

Here's link on Snaper deciding to use the new structure for lead acid rather than continuing with NiFe:
http://www.manufacturingcenter.com/dfx/archives/0401/0401yr.asp

Regards to all,

Caradoc

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist
Consent Preferences