Shares Outstanding 51,151,075 a/o Feb 22, 2013
Float Not Available
Authorized Shares 100,000,000sh. a/o Dec.31, 2012
VirnetX Holding Corporation (NYSE Amex: VHC) has proprietary technologies relating to the provision of private, secure and seamless communications over the internet. VirnetX's patented GABRIEL Connection Technology™ combines industry standard encryption protocols with their patented techniques for automated domain name system (DNS), lookup mechanisms, enabling users to create a secure communication link using secure domain names. Its software and technology solutions provide the security platform required by nextgeneration Internet-based applications such as Instant Messaging (IM), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), mobile services, streaming video, file transfer and remote desktop. VirnetX's technology generates secure connections on a "zero-click" or "single-click" basis, significantly simplifying the deployment of secure real-time communication solutions by eliminating the need for end users to enter any encryption information. In common terms, its proprietary technologies can be used to provide safe online neighborhoods where people or businesses can safely and securely share business documents,
photos, letters, videos, messages or other types of private information within an otherwise unsecured environment
A recap of a few of the different valuable parts to and opportunities of VirnetX include:
1. Litigation/patent-infringement lawsuits, including multiple other known infringers like CSCO, Apple, NEC etc. (So far, VirnetX has collected $200 million in cash). The Apple, Cisco and NEC litigation involves a comprehensive list of infringing products (including the iPhone, iPad, & iTouch) that amount to annual sales of over $160 BILLION. In contrast, the MSFT case involved under $40 BILLION of Microsoft infringing product sales for multiple years. This new case is far, far larger.
2. Licensing Arm - licensing its IP, including licensing pertaining to embedding its patented technologies into network infrastructures, operating systems, or silicon chips in any number of 4G/LTE devices. This includes licensing for VHC's essential patents for complying with the Series 33 security reqiurements for 4G/LTE mobile devices.
3. GABRIEL Connection Technology - software, multiple uses and applications as it relates to GABRIEL's functionalities and features. (Status: GABRIEL Beta testing was launched on 12/08/2009).
4. Secure Domain Name Registry/ DNSSEC - (including two new patents - 504 and 151 patent)VHC has the solution for DNSSEC, and VirnetX is boldly claiming ownership of Secure Domain Names/Registry. To date, no one has disputed VHC's exclusive claim.
5. Secure Mobile Payments -(Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc.) - Pay close attention to this evolving space, which must have the VPN and 4G security specifications and technologies created through utilization of VHC's patents. The "Secure" Mobile Wallet must have VirnetX's secure VPN and 4G patented security technologies and solutions.
6. Securing Automobile Internet Connectivity (4G Mobile on Wheels): I believe it is inevitable that VHC will participate in this space as its secure VPN-related and 4G mobile security patents are the only impenetrable security solution, and VHC's solutions must be utilized and embraced by the entire industry. Indeed, I believe VHC already is in discussions with the auto-makers and/or major players in this rapidly-evolving area of Internet connectivity and mobile devices. [Note: Cloud Computing is yet another area for VHC.]
The Company currently has 20 U.S. and International (Europe, Japan and Australia) patents (with 27 more pending) in their portfolio and each patent has a range of 40-60 claims tied to it. ONE OF THE PATENTS IN THE PORTFOLIO COVERS THE COMPANY ABILITY TO BUILD A VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN) across the internet in real time that automatically and completely secures a communication, ensuring its privacy, and allowing access to that communication only to specifically designated outsiders.
VirnetX intends to establish the exclusive secure domain name registry in the United States and other key markets around the world. The Company intends to license their patents and their GABRIEL Connection Technology to original equipment manufacturers, or OEMs, within the IP-telephony, mobility, fixed-mobile convergence and unified communications markets. They also intend to license their patent portfolio, technology, and software, including their secure domain name registry service, to communication service providers as well as to system integrators.