DISCLAIMER: Content on this board is for educational purposes only. Please conduct your own due diligence for your stock trades.
INTRODUCTION: Welcome to "my" world of SIMPLIFIED TECHNICAL SWING TRADING.
Stock trading has been my hobby for 25+ years and I use technical swing trading to manage my 401K/Roth IRA accounts for retirement.
This board represents stocks I track/trade and continues the watch list that was started in 5/17/15 to teach my supervisor who lost her husband unexpectedly and since has been used to teach many groups of people new to stock trading how to set BUY/SELL points based on basic technical indicators (I consider this my "give back" to life's many wonderful blessings) - https://stocktradingmodel.wordpress.com/
If you are new to stock trading, instead of starting out trading with money, consider following this board and learn to technically swing trade by practicing on paper known as "Paper Trading" - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/papertrade.asp
I started out using Scottrade due to lower online commission but since has merged with TD Ameritrade. For those starting out with lower $500 - $1,000 account balance, commission cost can negate account growth and I recommend Firstrade due to $0 commission fee, yes, no commission fee (Only downside compared to other brokerages is restriction of very low priced OTC stocks) - https://www.firstrade.com/content/en-us/pricing
UPDATE 10/3/19: TD Ameritrade went to $0 commission fee - https://www.tdameritrade.com/pricing.page
SELECTING TYPE OF TRADE ACCOUNT:
I recommend opening Roth IRA trade account due to no tax paperwork for IRS each year and not paying tax when you draw from account after 59.5 years of age. (You can take out money deposited into Roth IRA after 5 years).
FOLLOWING CRITERIAS ARE USED FOR THIS BOARD:
- Listed and OTC/Pinksheet stocks priced below $5 (With the exception of high volume gainers)
- High volume stocks with 500,000+ average volume and 1,000,000+ daily volume (with exceptions of stocks I have traded previously)
- Stocks approaching or undergoing rebound (according to Swing Trading Template)
TECHNICAL CHARTS AND INDICATORS USED:
- Stock charts: https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
Under "Chart Attributes", uncheck "Log Scale" and "Y-Axis Labels". Change "Overlays" to 5 and 30 Simple Moving Averages.
Start with 6 month chart to get a "big picture" then zoom into 3 and 1 month charts to get more detailed information.
- 5/30 Moving Averages: Blue and Red lines superimposed over price movements (Usually displayed as candle sticks). Instead of slower default 50/200 MA, faster 5/30 MA are used to better reflect price movements. (If price movement is too fast for 5/30 MA, use faster 2/5 MA)
WATCH as 5 MA/2 MA (Blue line) falls below 30 MA/5 MA (Red line). BUY as 5 MA/2 MA bottoms and rises towards 30 MA/5 MA. HOLD as 5 MA/2 MA rises above 30 MA/5 MA. SELL as 5 MA /2 MA peaks.
- MACD and Histogram (Moving Average Convergence Divergence): Black and Red signal lines with Blue Bars used primarily to set BUY and SHORT points.
BUY as MACD (Black line) crosses above Signal line (Red line) and Histogram goes negative to positive (sometimes positive down to zero and back to positive).
SHORT as MACD crosses below Signal line and Histogram goes positive to negative; then COVER as MACD crosses above Signal line and Histogram goes negative to positive.
- RSI (Relative Strength Index): Scaled from 0 to 100 with reference lines at 30 and 70 used primarily to set SELL points.
BUY as RSI rebounds from/below 30 (Red color on chart). HOLD as RSI rises above 50. SELL as RSI is above 70 (Green color on chart).
HOW TO USE STOCK SCREENER TO IDENTIFY REBOUNDING STOCKS:
Usually on a weekly basis, I will run the stock screener to identify stocks that may be rebounding or about to rebound.
Currently I am using FinViz with following filters and sorted by price - https://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=141&f=geo_usa,sh_avgvol_o500,sh_curvol_o1000,sh_price_u5&o=price
- Price under $5
- 500,000+ average volume
- 1,000,000+ daily volume
HOW TO SET BUY/SELL POINTS USING TECHNICAL INDICATORS:
I will then do a technical chart review (using the Swing Trading Template) for each stock and if a stock is about to rebound, I will add to the watch list as WATCH. If a stock is rebounding, I will add as BUY. (Since OTC stocks carry potential for large gains, I also include them in my watch list)
* 12/16/18 - Adding WATCH LIST BREAKDOWN TABLE (at bottom of intro page) to make tracking/following stocks easier to determine BUY/SELL points at a glance.
Here's an example of swing trading template applied to 6 month chart of Yahoo using 5/30 MA – http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
- WATCH indicated as 5MA (Blue line) fell below 30MA (Red line).
- BUY indicated as 5MA rebounded and MACD (Black line) crossed over signal line (Red line) and histogram went from negative to positive along with RSI rebound from 30.
- HOLD indicated as 5MA crossed above 30MA and stayed above 30MA.
- SELL indicated with RSI at 70 with price/MACD peaking and 5MA fell towards 30MA.
INVESTOPEDIA DEFINITIONS (From BUY to SELL and SHORT to COVER):
Dead Cat Bounce (Even stocks with bad fundamentals can bounce if they fall hard enough) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/deadcatbounce.asp
Technical Rally (Share price rising against company fundamentals usually caused by Short Positions Covering) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/technicalrally.asp
Reversal (Stock trend changing direction) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reversal.asp
Rounding Bottom (The Swing Trading Template is used to BUY at the bottom of the rebound for higher trade return) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/roundingbottom.asp
Triangle (Share price swing narrows) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/triangle.asp
Triangle will lead to Breakout Up/Down - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/breakout.asp
Cup and Handle (After initial rebound and profit taking, continued gain upward) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp
Trading Channel (After 5MA crosses above 30MA and continues to rise above 30MA within SUPPORT/RESISTANCE lines) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tradingchannel.asp
Rounding Top (Time to SELL) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/roundingtop.asp
Profit Taking (Locking in profit. You don't make money until you SELL) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/profittaking.asp
Pull Back (Share price falling) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pullback.asp
Short Selling (Making money while share price falls) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp
Short Covering (Usually causes Technical Rebound against company fundamentals) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortcovering.asp
Short Squeeze (Shorts covering in a frenzy panic to stop loss) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortsqueeze.asp
Buying or going Long (And we repeat the cycle of BUY/SELL) - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/long.asp
MANAGING 401K/ROTH IRA WITH MUTUAL FUNDS:
Simply putting money into 401K/ROTH IRA without managing could cause you to lose hundreds to thousands of dollars each day as fund balances grow. You can use technical charting to manage mutual funds to reduce loss of account balance each month (Also consider using funds with lower cost/fees).
For Large Cap Index mutual fund - Run DJIA chart and when BUY is signaled, move money into fund then when SELL is indicated, move money to cash.
For Small Cap Index mutual fund - Run Nasdaq chart and when BUY is signaled, move money into fund then when SELL is indicated, move money to cash.
Hope you are successful in your trades and if you benefit from information on this board, please "Pay It Forward" to someone deserving in your life in need and start checking off items on your bucket list. And more closer to my heart, consider supporting these radio stations. Thank you and God bless.
KLOVE - http:/http://www.klove.com/about/mission/
Air1 - http://www.air1.com/about/support.aspx'
The Dove - https://www.thedove.us/
RECENT ANNOTATED CHART REVIEWS:
11/26/18 ONCS - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145103738
11/26/18 SFOR - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145103665
11/27/18 HMNY - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145104641
11/27/18 PXS / DNR - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145128173
11/27/18 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145130130
11/28/18 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145156403
12/3/18 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145231067
12/4/18 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145244268
12/6/18 SN - (Intraday 5 min chart) - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145293630
12/10/18 SHMP - (14 day chart from last rebound) - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145350408
12/11/18 XSPA - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145396972
12/15/18 ZIOP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145477421
12/15/18 ZN - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145477734
12/19/18 STNG and CANB - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145582502
12/19/18 SHMP (Intraday 5 min chart and detailed explanation of BUY speculation) - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145582814
12/22/18 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145655037
12/24/18 SHMP (Chart at bottom of link) - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?mess1/age_id=145687930
12/26/18 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145696787
1/3/19 CANB - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145854768
1/3/19 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145852828
1/4/19 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145903231
1/8/19 SHMP-CLD-SSOF - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=145971684
1/18/19 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=146243970
1/21/19 SHMP - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=146243970
1/30/19 HMNY Short percent/Chart - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=146463712
1/31/19 HMNY Short percent/Chart - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=146498674
2/1/19 DRUS - https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=146542493
8/26/19 SHMP 7 month - https://stocktradingmodel.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/shmp-lg-8-26-19.png?
8/26/19 SHMP 3 month - https://stocktradingmodel.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/shmp-2mo-8-26-19.png?
8/28/19 SHMP 3 week "Ascending Channel" formed - https://stocktradingmodel.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/shmp-8-28-19.png?
9/6/19 INPX 10 day - https://stocktradingmodel.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/inpx-9-6-19.png?
10/11/19 SLS 4 month - https://stocktradingmodel.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/sls-10-11-19.png
10/11/19 NAKD 3 month - https://stocktradingmodel.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/nakd-10-11-19.png
RECENT WATCH LIST TRADE RANGES:
- NOVEMBER 2018: 11/27 RGSE 100%+, NLST 100%+, 11/28 SHMP 75% (Intraday), 11/29 SHMP 48% (Intraday)
- DECEMBER 2018: 12/4 SFOR 90%, 12/6 CRMD 85%/SN 35%+ (Intraday), 12/12 SGYP 75%+ (Intraday)/SN 50%, 12/17 SGYP 30% (Intraday), 12/19 SHMP 60% (Intraday), 12/20 HEMP 100%/MJNA 65%/SHMP 30% (Intraday), 12/24 SHMP 125% (Cumulative), 12/26 SHMP 50% (Intraday, 175% Cumulative), 12/28 ONCI 100%/VTVT 240% (Intraday), 12/31 HMNY 90%
- JANUARY 2019: 1/2 SGYP 150% (Intraday), 1/3 SGYP 250% (Intraday cumulative), 1/4 CGIX 65% (Intraday)/CRMD 21% (Intraday)/FLKS 100%/HSGX 22% (Intraday)/PIR 23% (Intraday)/VTL 20% (Intraday), 1/7 ADXS 50% (Intraday, 100% Cumulative)/BW 45% (Intraday)/MTNB 22% (Intraday), 1/8 GSAT 100%/VTVT 31% (Intraday), 1/9 BPMX 100%, CRMD 45%, 1/10 AMRH 100%/DCIX 50% (Intraday, 100% Cumulative)/MOSY 30%, 1/11 ENDV 40% (Intraday), 1/14 ENDV (49% Intraday, 90% Cumulative)/MTNB 100% (Intraday)/TRVN 45% (Cumulative)/VTL 45% (Cumulative), 1/15 APRN 60%/BW 100%/CNET 80%/RXMD 50%/VLRX 45%, 1/17 SSOF 30% (Intraday), 1/18 UPL 29% (Intraday), 1/22 APRN 50%/MTNB 70%, 1/23 ACHN 50%/CLDX 75%/NSPR 45% (Intraday Cumulative since 1/5/19)/SHMP 75% (400% Cumulative since 12/19/18 for Run #2), 1/24 SGYP 100% (Intraday), 1/28 HMNY 60% (Intraday)/MNGA 21% (Intraday)/RAD 30%/SHMP 90% (Intraday, 600% Cumulative since 12/19/18 for Run #2)/TRVN 120% (Intraday), 1/29/19 HMNY 90% Cumulative/SGYP 80% Cumulative, 1/30/19 APRN 50% Cumulative, 1/30/19 AMMA 80% (Intraday), 1/31/19 APRN 100% Cumulative/BW 24% (Intraday)/HSGX 50%/ONCS 50% Cumulative/SHMP 31%
- FEBRUARY 2019: 2/1 DRUS 100% (Intraday)/ECR 45% (Cumulative)/TTNP 94% (Pre-market)/SHMP 29% (900% Cumulative)/WFT 19%, 2/4 PHOT 32%/SHMP 90% (Intraday, 1800% Cumulative)/SN 21%, 2/5 CLDX 200%/GERN 40%/PHOT 50%/SHMP 80% (Intraday, 2000% Cumulative), 2/6 POTN 100% (Intraday)
= Break from posting due to medical reasons/surgeries/retirement = Main Watch List resumed in June
- AUGUST 2019: 8/12 YRIV 100% (Cumulative), 8/19 NVAX 50% (Cumulative)
- SEPTEMBER 2019: 9/9 FCEL 78% (Intraday), 9/10 ASNA 90% (Intraday), FCEL 90%/HSGX 90% (Cumulative), 9/11 SHMP 70% (Cumulative), 9/12 JCP 90% (Cumulative), 9/18 GHSI 180% (Intraday from main WL), 9/20 HMNY (100% Intraday from main WL), 9/23 HMNY (200% intraday Cumulative), 9/24 HMNY (300% Cumulative), 9/25 GHSI (280% Cumulative), 9/30 AMRQQ (50% Intraday)
- OCTOBER 2019: 10/1 SNNA (100% Intraday/Cumulative), SPNV (100% Cumulative), 10/2 ENDV (60% Intraday), NAKD (90% Intraday), SPNV (200% Cumulative), 10/8 ASNA (30% Cumulative), SNNA (100% Cumulative), SPNV (300% Cumulative), 10/11 CGIX (80% Cumulative), 10/14 ASNA (60% Intraday), 10/15 ASNA (75% Intraday), 10/16 ASNA (100% Cumulative)
= WATCH LIST = (Intraday BUY/SELL alerts are updated as "AM" and end of day updates as "PM"): Watch List used for this board is a smaller version of my main watch list - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QYXojMENZc1frWydzOJO6jil6N2l3WAXf9ifaFZd-go/edit
10/18/19 AM - Moving SLS/SNNA to BUY, removing JCP from watch list.
10/17/19 AM - Moving SLS/SPNV to WATCH.
10/16/19 AM - Moving ASNA (100% cumulative) to WATCH.
WATCH: ASNA, CEI, CGIX, FCEL, GHSI, HEMP, HMNY, INPX, RTTR, SHMP, SPNV, YRIV
BUY: NAKD, SLS, SNNA
TAKE PROFIT / SELL:
= WATCH LIST BREAKDOWN TABLE below shows where each stock from the watch list is on the Watch/Buy/Hold/Sell stock trade cycle according to chart patterns as defined by Investopedia. The table provides a quick glance overview yet detailed technical placement to help make Watch/Buy/Hold/Sell decisions.