April 27, 2009
Orko Silver Corp. (TSX Venture Exchange: OK.V) is developing one of the world's largest primary silver deposits, La Preciosa, located near the city of Durango, in Durango State, Mexico. The La Preciosa silver project and adjacent mineral concessions cover 80,000 acres of contiguous mining claims.
On February 18, 2009, the Company released its 6th NI 43-101 compliant Resource Estimate. The La Preciosa deposit now comprises 47% Indicated Resources and 53% Inferred Resources. Current Indicated Resources are 10.64 million tonnes grading 0.27 g/t Au and 185 g/t Ag for a Silver-Equivalent grade of 201 g/t. at a cut off grade of 100 g/t. The contained metal equals 63.2 million ounces of Silver and 94,000 ounces of Gold for a Silver Equivalent of 68.9 Million Ounces. Current Inferred Resources are 12.0 million tonnes grading 0.25 g/t Au and 185 g/t Ag for a Silver-Equivalent grade of 200 g/t. at a cut off grade of 100 g/t. The contained metal equals 71.8 million ounces of Silver and 97,000 ounces of Gold for a Silver Equivalent of 77.6 Million Ounces.*
*Estimated at a 60 to 1 Silver/Gold ratio with metallurgical recoveries and net smelter returns assumed to be 100%.
The current resource estimate is based on all of Orko Silver's drilling to date, including the 2008 drilling of an additional 205 holes (79,021metres). There remains significant potential for defining a larger resource.
On April 14th, 2009 Pan American Silver Corp. and Orko Silver announced that they have agreed to form a joint venture to develop the La Preciosa project. Pan American will contribute its demonstrated mine development expertise, as well as 100% of the funds necessary to develop and construct an operating mine, in consideration for a 55% interest in the joint venture. Orko Silver retains a 45% interest fully carried to production.
Key aspects to the joint venture and the development strategy for La Preciosa include:
- Pan American currently operates 7 primary silver mines
- Pan American has completed 3 successful mining project in the past 4 years
- Pan American will fast track the deposit to production
- Orko Silver retains a 45% fully carried interest to production
- No financing risk or further dilution for Orko Silver shareholders
Orko Silver's shareholders will benefit from the financial capacity and extensive mine development expertise that Pan American brings to the joint venture as well as retain the upside potential for the discovery of additional resources from Orko Silver's exploration team.
Going forward, the Joint Venture partners plan to continue delineation of the current resource at La Preciosa which will include exploration and infill drilling to upgrade the current resource and the expansion of exploratory drilling to other known high priority targets on the extensive land package.
| || |
| || || |
Point & Figure Chart
SILVER IN DEPTH
Silver links from LinksMine
- InfoMine's Library of Mining Web Sites
- Silver Price - (The Silver Institute)
- Zinc, Lead, Silver Report - (Australian Atlas of Mineral Resources, Mines & Processing Centres) Resources, reserves, exploration, production, industry developments
- Silver Fact Sheet - (Australian Atlas of Mineral Resources, Mines & Processing Centres) Occurence, resources, deposits, mining and processing, uses
Please boardmark us if this i-Message is helpful... Thanks in advance!!!