NXT Nutritionals, Inc. is a leading edge developer and marketer of proprietary, patent pending healthy alternative sweeteners, food and beverage products. The foundation and common ingredient for all of the company’s products is their revolutionary all-natural sweetening system, SUSTATM, which serves as an ingredient/sweetening system for their all-natural Healthy Dairy® yogurt smoothies, is marketed as stand-alone product (in a 50 packet box) and as an ingredient, and serves as the sweetening system /ingredient for their all natural NXT healthy cola product formulation.
THE COMPANY MISSION is to aggressively grow the company as a leading producer and marketer of healthy alternative foods and beverages with superior taste, using their revolutionary SUSTATM alternative sweetener. SUSTATM is the all natural, nutritious alternative to sugar substitutes. They aim to achieve this by:
- Maintaining sustainable competitive advantages.
- Continuing to grow market share in the Yogurt Smoothie space, and capturing market share in the alternative sweetener space.
- Replicating the successful aggressive growth model of their Yogurt Smoothie rollout with their SUSTATM alternative sweetener.
- Combating obesity and diabetes with healthy, delicious products.
- Building value for our shareholders.
NXT Nutritionals is led by a beverage industry veteran Mike McCarthy, an entrepreneur and executive with over 25 years of experience in the industry. After selling his business, Juice Creations, to Pepsi Cola, Mr. McCarthy built the Juice Creations product line into a $63 million business in the first year after Pepsi Cola’s acquisition. He has served as the Vice President of Fountain Solutions for Pepsi Cola, built one of the largest independent Royal Crown Cola fountain manufacturers in the United States, and has successfully launched numerous new beverages and dramatically increased sales of existing beverages for Pepsi Cola and other leading companies.
Investor Kit: http://www.ir-site.com/images/library/nxtnutritionals/NXTIRKit_new.pdf
Michael McCarthy - President & CEO / Director
NXT Nutritionals, Inc. is led by entrepreneur and food and beverage industry veteran Mike McCarthy, an executive with over 25 years of experience in the sector. He is the former Vice President of Pepsi-Cola’s Fountain Solutions. While at Pepsi, he was responsible for the development and integration of their Citrus Hill juice products. Michael was also instrumental in the negotiation and subsequent integration of Hawaiian Punch into the Pepsi-Cola system. The results of this assimilation increased fountain sales more than five hundred percent. He was also a key component in a national sales effort that was successful in landing several large national accounts. He was also part of a special acquisition team that was working to increase Pepsi-Cola’s fountain presence.
As an entrepreneur Michael has been the driving force behind the development of numerous beverage products. He was responsible for the development of Juice Creations, a product that was successfully launched in Massachusetts and then expanded nationally. After selling his business, Juice Creations, to Pepsi Cola, Mr. McCarthy built the Juice Creations product line into a $63 million business in the first year after Pepsi Cola’s acquisition.
After his career at Pepsi-Cola he was instrumental in the growth of Al’s beverage Company from a small independent manufacturer to one of the largest independent Royal Crown Cola fountain manufacturer in the United States. In his position as COO of Al’s Beverage Company Michael was responsible for building and operation of one of the most modern independent fountain plants in the country.
Richard M. Jordan - Executive Vice President / Director
Richard Jordan is a second-generation member in the food industry, now with over twenty four years experience. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Advertising and Marketing from Arizona State University, and holds a Masters Degree from Cornell University in Business and Supermarketing.
After graduating from college, Richard began his career in the food industry with Nabisco Foods, Inc. After three years with Nabisco, Richard was promoted through various positions, achieving the position of Sales Manager, was honored as Salesman of the year for Nabisco Brands and served as assistant to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
In 1983 Richard joined The New York State Food Merchants Association, a lobbying and trade relations firm, accepting the position of Director of Trade Relations. In 1987 he was promoted to the office of Executive Vice President and General Manager, the position held until his resignation in 1991.
Richard then served at Jordan Associates Inc., a food brokerage firm, where he oversaw the Northeast and Middle Atlantic States. Prior to his current position at NXT, Mr. Jordan was Director of Sales for Healthy Dairy, LLC, now a wholly owned subsidiary of NXT Nutritionals, Inc. In addition to being past President of The Catholic Institute of the Food Industry, Richard chairs a committee on the Food Industry for Covenant House. He also sits on the advisory committee for the Deborah Heart and Lung Foundation. Richard, his wife Evelyn and their children, Sean, Jeremy and Catherine reside in Somers, New York.
Dr. Richard L Kozlenko – Consultant / Director of R&D and Quality Control
D.P.M., M.P.H., Ph.D.
Professional Background and Experience
- INNOVATIVE NUTRACEUTICALS 2006: JV in creating patent-pending, proprietary and unique brewery solids invention, regarding the synergistic, antioxidant properties with Vitamins E and C in a lipid management system.
- FUELCeL (TM) 2006: Private, self-funded venture involving new innovation in energy bar formulation and technology. Company start-up including proprietary coating formulation. Trademark 2006.
- SUSTA™ 2004: Principal author and developer of primary features of this IP.
- Co-developing website and expanded market applications in beverage and dry good applications. SUSTA™ technology centers on the control of the adverse effects of sugar on blood sugar and insulin response in functional foods and beverages.
- Original human studies conducted at the University of Scranton proved efficacy of product.
- HEALTHY DAIRY 2002: Formulated and positioned nutraceutical yogurt drink beverage marketed in major private label venues such as Wal-Mart (1300 stores). Product was reformulated as “all natural” with additional features, with major distributors and brokers throughout East coast and in Whole Foods nationally.
- NXT NUTRITIONALS, LLC 1999: Formulated functional beverages, carbonated and flat drink lines, for beverage R and D Start-up Company. Author of three White Paper technical reports concerning the health positioning/ingredient strategies of beverages.
- MEDOCTOR INC. 2001: Point person on an international medical development and quality control team for multiple patented inventions in telemedicine, designed to provide primary and secondary medical diagnosis from client data entry. Product targeted for B to B and B to C applications.
- HEALTHSHOP.COM, 1999-2000: Designed and authored major wellness programs including the essential logic and algorithms. Worked closely with engineering, marketing, editorial and design to overview project. Designed proprietary nutritional products, serve on the Scientific Quality Assurance Board and Board of Scientific Advisors.
- CLINICAL NUTRITION, 1997-2001: Multidisciplinary team practice with patients on specialized diets ranging from food sensitivities and allergies, weight-management issues, cardiovascular, diabetic, etc. Worked part-time with clients integrating nutritional approaches with specialized fitness training.
- EARTHRISE TRADING COMPANY, 1996-1998: Formulator of finished products including supplements and functional foods, research in the pharmacognosy and nutraceutical applications/ evaluation of new ingredients, spirulina derivatives, and formulated products; co-chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board for Earthrise Trading Company and Earthrise Farms, associate in marketing and sales support. Developed product and point of sale materials for Earthnet, Earthrise’s network marketing division.
- I.C. REFRESHMENT CO, 1993-1998: Scientific and Nutrition Director: Developed and created new functional beverage formulation for a major mass-market beverage company, scientific foundation for product nutritional positioning, point of sales materials, scientific research.
- PARALLEL PRODUCTS, 1995-1998: Spearheading nutraceutical, and pharmacognosy research and applications of brewery solids in conjunction with the Functional Food Department of the University of Chicago, University of Scranton. Original research finding positive synergy between vitamin E and brewery extract in animal heart model studies.
- GLOBAL VISION INC, 1994-1996: Infomercial and networking marketing Company. Developed and formulated products, point of sales materials, marketing team resource.
- FREEDOM WEIGHT-LOSS CLINICS, 1993-1996: Consultant. Developed and authored lay and professional information, clinical nutritional syllabus for physicians for weight management, proprietary formulations
- INTER-CAL CORP., 1993-1994: Consultant. Spearheaded new applications of Ester-C in conjunction with marketing and research roles. Worked closely with UCSF School of Preventive Dentistry in original research and electron microscopy evaluating erosive nature of conventional vs. Ester C on dental enamel and inhibition of plaque bacteria with various vitamin C salts.
- COLUMBIA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY, 1988-1994: Director of Health Enrichment. Implementation, author and development of computerized wellness curriculum for international students approved by the State of California for higher education. Faculty mentor since 1978 for students matriculating at Master's and Doctoral levels in health, clinical and nutritional sciences.
- MILL VALLEY PODIATRY AND SPORTS MEDICINE GROUP, 1984-1990: Physician and Surgeon in a group practice that emphasized sports medicine, rehabilitation, fitness, and orthopedics.
- WHOLISTIC HEALTH AND NUTRITION INSTITUTE (WHN), 1973-1984: Director and Co-Founder of nationally acclaimed non-profit institution for holistic and traditional medicine, education for public and health professionals. Clinical nutrition, clinical ecology, non-invasive therapies, sports medicine, community education. Elective Family Practice residency rotations through WHN with Stanford Medical School and San Francisco Public Health Hospital. CEU credits approved for nurses and physicians.
Education and Training
- METABOLIC NUTRITION: 2003 Training and consulting in principles and practice of metabolic nutrition that uses specialized diets predicated on specific laboratory findings of how an individual oxidizes nutrients.
- RECOVERY SYSTEMS: 2002 Six-week preceptership in nutritional intervention and metabolic assessment protocols related psycho biochemical conditions focused on behavior, mood, and addictions.
- UCSF SCHOOL OF MEDICINE GRANDROUND SEMINARS: Invitational postgraduate clinical seminars Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism (1 yr)
- UCLA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH, Master's in Nutritional Biochemistry and Public Health (MPH)
- CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
- COLUMBIA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY, Doctor of Philosophy, Wellness Education (Ph.D.)
- UCLA, Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Biology (B.S.)
Professional and Honor Societies (elected to membership):
- Fellow, International Food Technologists
- Fellow, New York Academy of Sciences (Nutrition)
- American Podiatry and Sports Medicine Association
- American Academy of Sports Medicine
- Royal Society of Health
- American College of Nutrition
- California Orthomolecular Society
- American College of Public Health and Nutrition
On survey development team for Cancer Research Fund for epidemiological studies trying to better understand potential risk factors unique to Marin residents.
Publications and Authorship
- Primary author of two nutraceutical patent-pending inventions in association with the University of Scranton Dept. of Food Chemistry, Joe Vinson Ph.D. 2001, 2002.
- Nutritional Editor, Healing 2000, Health and Happiness Publishing, 1999
- Associate Editor and Writer, Health World Magazine, 1993-1996
- Stepping Stones To Nutritional Awareness, CPU Press, 1978
- Lifestyle and Environment, computerized wellness curriculum for Columbia Pacific University, 1987
- Color Code System, behavioral modification program for changing eating habits and food selection patterns (unpublished)
Media Presentations and Lectures
NXT Nutritionals Names JS² Communications Agency of Record for Public Relations
- Psychology Today, "Eating Habits of Americans," co-authored with Sam Keen, Oct. 1979
- Prevention Magazine, major interviews in three issues, 1979.
- KGO radio, ABC-TV, NBC-TV, Canadian Radio, Infomercials, Evening Magazine, etc.
- Lectures: San Francisco State, UCLA, UC Medical and Dental Schools, San Jose State, Mt. Zion Hospital, numerous community organizations. Numerous articles and on camera segments over the years in nutrition and health.