Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. engages in the design and manufacture of aluminum and steel wheels for passenger cars and light trucks, as well as steel wheels for commercial trucks and trailers. Its products include automotive wheels, suspension, wheels, and brake components for commercial highway vehicles; and powertrain components. The company operates through two segments: Automotive Wheels and Components. The Automotive Wheels segment provides fabricated steel and cast aluminum wheels for original equipment manufacturers in the passenger car and light vehicle markets. The Components segment offers suspension, brake, and powertrain components for original equipment manufacturers in the passenger car and light vehicle markets. The company also offers aluminum nonstructural components for the automotive, commercial highway, heating, and general equipment industries in North America, Europe, and Japan. Hayes Lemmerz International was founded in 1908 by Clarence Hayes. It was formerly known as Hayes Wheels and changed its name to Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. in 1997. The company is headquartered in Northville, Michigan.