Login / Register
iHub My Stocks Activity
Ticker Buzz Cloud
Most Followed Members
News By Market
Top PlusOneCoin Posters
Data Tools >
Price & News Alerts
More Tools >
My Image Gallery
PLUS1 Info & Faucet
Mining Profit Calculator
ETFs, Leveraged ETFs, Sector Funds
Search This Board:
2/28/2021 11:04:07 PM
- Board type:
- Posts Today:
ETFs, Leveraged ETFs, Sector Funds
♦ The original version of this board was to focus on Mutual Sector Funds for the purpose of optimizing 401K accounts
♦ The scope has since expanded to include much more input and dialogue on ETFs, Sector ETFs and Leveraged ETFs
Ichimoku Trading Strategy
ETF Heat Maps
Aug 21stth, 2020 Daily
, 2020 Weekly
, 2020 Monthly
, 2020 6 Months
Relative Rotation Graph S&P SPDR's 08/21/2020
SPX 500 Daily 08/21/2020
SPX 500 Weekly 08/21/2020
SPX 500 Monthly 08/21/20
The Ichimoku Kinkou Hyo Cloud Indicator
Ichimoku = “One look, glance”.
Kinkou = “Balance, equilibrium”.
Hyo = “Chart, Graph.
Metals & Energy
"" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Anatomy of a Cloud Trade
GUSH 3X Bull Oil & Gas
I had been watching oil recover right along with the general market since the Christmas '18 low. It was ja nagging felling I couldn't shake that I had to be in oil/GUSH. Was I tool late? Where do I get in? The paralysis of thinking I needed to catch the absolute bottom...or nothing. Ichimoku cloud strategy has helped me to get more focused and methodical in trading. This includes incoporating other indicators/strategies to deepen my trading plan.
I use four key elements
- Different Time Frames
- Ichimoku Cloud
- 5/10 MA avarage crossovers
- RSI(14) and a 20 MA crossover
I haven't had a clear view on where to trade on the GUSH daily chart. I ended up buying based on the 30 min below. It's clearer now on the daily my nagging feeling about needing to get in GUSH. Here are my summary thoughts on the set up of the buy:
- The reversal at Christmas of the entire market became known in the last week of Dec and early Jan as every chart started showing it's V-shaped reversal
- Oil has been tracking the market generally pretty closely
- The first days of Jan showed all 3 of my indicators signalling an agressive buy.
- Jan 2nd price closedd above the Ichimoku blue conversion line - an agressive buy indicator
- The 20 MA of RSI(14) had already moved off it's bottom but the RSI(14) signal eased above the RSI itself - another early indicator
- the 5 MA of price was inching above the 10 MA
- This this was really good alignment of the three indicators...BUT I WASN"T WATCHING IT OR THINKING ABOUT IT IN THIS MANNER
Intuitivvely I knew that I had missed a signal.
The drop in the first week of Feb on the price of oil and GUSH paralled the markets drop. In retrospect, if you look at the SPX daily chart above, the drop is cought and reversed at the 9-period blue conversion line on the Ichimoku. I eventually looked more at the 30-min chart. I didn't necessarily follow the steps below but I chased an entry once I saw what the chart was saying. I still got in within a good buy zone.
- "A" on the chart was the first early signal pointing to a reversal of the downtrend - RSI(14) crossed definitively above the 20MA of RSI(14)
- "1" and "B" happend within a day of each other. "1" - priced closed above the 9-period blue conversion line on the Ichimoku. "B" - The 5 MA of price crossed aboe the 10 MA
- The first vertical line would have been a great point to buy (I wish), but...
- "2" is where the price candle closed above the 26-period red base line. AND "3" is where the 9-period blue conversion line crossed above the 26- period red base line.
- Another go signal
- I knew on the 11th I wanted in the next day
- Then I saw the futures that night and crude was going to gap up the next day
- I still wanted in and ended up buying the first pull back of the day on the 12th
- I should have known it was likely that price would pull back to at least the 9-period blue line but I was anxious. Price closed below my buy point on the 12th.
- According to Ichimoku, it wasn't until the 13th with another gap up and a candle close ("4") above the cloud that the best buy signal was given. It could have been an opportunity to add to the position.
- Or when price pulled back to below the conversion line.
I closed the trade on the 15th primarily because it hit a (fuzzzy in my mind) target of 10% or more AND I didn't want to hold over the 3 day weekend.
Simple, but much easire than where to buy!
Post New Msg
Maybe you know all this already, but this
02/28/21 11:04:07 PM
That is an interesting observation. Just a
02/27/21 09:37:41 PM
02/27/21 05:49:47 PM
Now that is a chart !!
02/22/21 09:41:53 PM
These run so fast...but I have scalped my
02/22/21 08:01:04 PM
RIOT and BFARF pulling back too.
02/22/21 02:59:49 PM
02/22/21 01:33:39 PM
Thank you! This helps.
02/18/21 07:16:11 PM
Looking at it differently. Back to your
02/18/21 11:57:43 AM
Interesting...I think you can also look at market
02/18/21 11:41:11 AM
Cathie Wood yesterday on CNBC. I listen
02/18/21 06:58:23 AM
You have good spreadsheet and evaluation skills. Maybe
02/17/21 11:26:30 PM
I don't blame you. NatGas is a
02/16/21 01:22:06 PM
I've sold out the position in BOIL.
02/16/21 12:40:48 PM
...further support for Apple to be on the
02/16/21 12:30:35 PM
Now Morgan Stanley leaning into Bitcoin...
02/16/21 12:14:07 PM
Watch for this to develop in the coming
02/16/21 07:36:55 AM
Fantastic and very good work. I benefited
02/16/21 06:49:26 AM
In mid-December 2020, I put ~10% of my
02/15/21 06:59:41 PM
Price movement seems anything but natural in the
02/15/21 05:32:56 PM
But NatGas futures prices have not moved today. Hummm...
02/15/21 05:18:06 PM
Thanks for the info! Blackouts are spreading
02/15/21 03:37:48 PM
02/14/21 09:55:05 PM
And of course...jumped back in BOIL premarket.
02/01/21 09:31:08 AM
Well, that channel is done. I've thinned
01/31/21 01:04:53 PM
This is going to be interesting...
01/27/21 06:53:19 PM
Nice. The fast MACD is somewhat like
01/24/21 12:12:44 PM
I agree here. Unfortunately, I think the
01/24/21 10:12:19 AM
01/23/21 12:43:31 PM
BOIL is going to make a run
01/23/21 10:53:42 AM
Here is a different charting approach for swing
01/23/21 09:40:01 AM
The likely reason bitcoin is down today;
01/11/21 08:07:51 AM
LABU and LABD
01/10/21 02:59:29 PM
SOXL and SOXS
01/10/21 02:56:48 PM
TECL and TECS
01/10/21 02:16:23 PM
AGQ and ZSL
01/10/21 02:04:53 PM
Ahh MARA...I was in for a few hours
01/10/21 01:57:15 PM
Yes, I found this new 3x gold miners
01/10/21 01:09:03 PM
New 3X Gold ETFs GDXU and GDXD
01/10/21 11:25:48 AM
I started looking to flip this by riding
01/02/21 08:11:40 AM
I like Barrick (GOLD) and building a long
01/01/21 02:07:19 PM
Interesting perspective on 2021 from a gold enthusiast
01/01/21 01:36:30 PM
Well today ended up nicely...which makes me wonder
12/31/20 06:24:35 PM
More of the same here -
12/31/20 06:33:48 AM
I am currently playing two 'lottery tickets'; NatGas,
12/31/20 01:38:25 AM
For more info -
12/31/20 01:31:14 AM
I agree. See link at bottom of post.
12/31/20 01:30:19 AM
Ugly day in the natural gas trade...ouch.
12/28/20 08:55:34 AM
The Boom of 2021
12/27/20 10:17:18 PM
I took the leap...
12/17/20 04:06:08 PM
Post New Msg
Get FREE PlusOneCoins!
© 2021 InvestorsHub.com, Inc.
Terms of Service
Advertise With Us
Market Vision (YouTube)
Stock Market 101
Investor Help Forum
iHub on Facebook
iHub on Twitter
iHub iPhone/iPad App
iHub Android App