City National Corporation
City National Center
400 North Roxbury Drive,
Beverly Hills, California, 90210
Shares Outstanding: 48,517,000
Shareholders of Record: 2,166 (as of Feb 29, 2008)
TTM EPS: $3.82 Dividend: $1.92 Yield (at $46): 4.2%
Continental Stock Transfer & Trust Co.
17 Battery Place
New York, NY 10004-1123
Phone (212) 509-4000
355 South Grand Avenue, Suite 2000
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Phone (213) 972-4000
City National delivers banking, trust and investment services through 62 offices in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada and New York City. The company provides complete financial solutions for individuals with $1 million or more of investable assets - a market of more than 500,000 California and Nevada households - and small and mid-sized companies with annual revenues of between $1 million and $250 million.
City National seeks to establish a competitive advantage over community banks by offering a richer mix of products and services, and over large banks by combining superior client service with tailored financial solutions. Nearly one-third of City National's new clients come to the bank through referral.
* Convergent Wealth Advisors (2007)
* Business Bank Corporation (2007)
* Independence Investment LLC (2006)
* Convergent Capital Management (2003)
* Civic BanCorp (2002)
* Reed, Conner & Birdwell (2000)
* The Pacific Bank (2000)
* American Pacific State Bank (1999)
* North American Trust Company (1998)
* Harbor Bank (1998)
* Riverside National Bank (1997)
* Frontier Bank (1997)
* Ventura County National Bank (1997)
* First Los Angeles Bank (1995)
* Founded by a small group of local entrepreneurs in 1954.
* Expanded to Northern California in 2000 with the purchase of The Pacific Bank, followed by the acquisition of Oakland-based Civic BanCorp in 2002.
* Opened an office in New York City in 2002 to serve California clients who do business on both coasts and prospective clients in Manhattan.
* Expanded to Nevada in 2007 with the acquisition of Business Bank Corp.
* Ranked among America's top companies by sales, profits, assets and market value in Forbes magazine's "Super 500" list (2002 and 2003).
* Recognized by Barron’s as one of America ’s top wealth managers seven years in a row (2001-2007).
* Ranked for three consecutive years by Bank Director magazine as one of the top 10 performing banks in the nation (2005-2007).