- Definitive Feasibility Study completed
- Approval received for Environmental Impact Manifest
- Average annual production, for the first four years of production:
- Copper cathode: 55,750 tonnes
- Cobalt cathode: 1,535 tonnes
- Zinc contained metal: 6,300 tonnes
- Proven and probable reserves provide for 25 year mine life
- Measured and Indicated resources: 277.2 million tonnes grading 1.77% copper equivalent
- Inferred resources: 253.2 million tonnes grading 1.29% copper equivalent
- Minority partnership agreement signed with a Consortium of Korean companies for US$294 million (cash and project funding)
- The Consortium members include:
- Korea Resources Corporation
- LS Nikko Copper Inc.
- Hyundai Hysco Co. Ltd.
- SK Networks Co. Ltd.
- Iljin Copper Foil Co. Ltd.
- Capital and Operating Cost review underway
- Construction financing under review with aid of Endeavour Financial International
- Re-commencement of full construction activities and production start-up date currently under review
COBALT IN DEPTH
Cobalt links from LinksMine
- InfoMine's Library of Mining Web Sites
COPPER IN DEPTH
Copper links from LinksMine - InfoMine's Library of Mining Web Sites
- Copper - (Chemical & Engineering News) History, description, uses
- Copper Rock File - (Australian Atlas of Mineral Resources, Mines & Processing Centres) Properties, Uses, Source, Map of operating mines
- Copper Exchanges - (International Copper Assiciation) Copper trade information