son: The five main problems with settlement are related to the SpyderLynk (SP) patent and their app:
1. The USPTO has already considered the first patent in suit, and determine the SL patent did not infringe.
2. The USPTO issued the SP patent before the second, and final, patent in suit.
3. SP doesn't use a barcode.
4. SP uses a logo in their resolution process.
4. SP doesn't resolve on the handset as the patents in suit both claim.
So NeoMedia will need to re-file and assert new patents. Therefore settlement is nowhere near. Given that set of basic facts, no lawyer would let you settle. Maybe some year in the future, but not this year.