Home > Boards > The Lounge > Politics > Politics and Money

Son of a gun! I just happen to

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
properlynumb Member Profile

Followed By 18
Posts 4,538
Boards Moderated 1
Alias Born 10/16/09
160x600 placeholder
U.S. Evacuates Embassy in Libya
Officials said the evacuation was conducted over land, with the State Department driving personnel from the American embassy in Tripoli to Tunisia. U.S. military units provided security, flying fighter jets, surveillance planes and positioning response forces in V-22 tilt rotor aircraft in the area to respond to potential threats, officials said. The evacuation was completed without incident, officials said.
Fox's Bid for Time Warner Includes Voice on the Board
Investigators Probe Whether Flight 5017 Brought Down by Storms -- 2nd Update
U.K. Equities Take the Limelight in European Markets
Have Big-Screen Smartphones Crashed the Tablet Party?
Israel Opens Alternative Airport to More International Flights
Google Grants Over Half of 'Right to Be Forgotten' Requests Processed So Far, Source Says -- 2nd Update
Greenlight Notes Short Positions in Safeway, Lorillard -Reuters
BofA to Pay $16.6 Million to Settle Alleged Sanctions Violations
H-P, Hortonworks Extend Partnership on Big Data
properlynumb   Saturday, 06/09/12 01:01:47 PM
Re: properlynumb post# 48304
Post # of 96487 
Son of a gun! I just happen to have that edition right here!

Wall Street Weekend 6/9/2012----------
Forgive me if I don't print the whole thing but here's my idea of the important parts:

"The impending downgrades are adding to the unease already plaguing banks, investors and borrowers."
....con't......

"The $2.6 Trillion money-market-fund industry {my comment: The American retirement future} is likely to be particularly effected.
Those funds are restricted by law in what they can buy, and typically must have the bulk of their holdings in the most highly rated Prime-1 by Moody's."

-------------------------------------------
This is all about integrity. Trust.
The one thing nobody talks about when they talk about Capitalism:
It's the ability to expect payment for any transaction.
The banks have always been the middle man; the transfer agent of capital between two parties in a free market.
The banks have always been the loan agents by securing equity and lending against the value of that same equity.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist