Fidelity SPDR Advertisement
Home > Boards > Free Zone > User's Groups > S WAVE CHARTS

snoot,

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
JLS Member Profile

Followed By 29
Posts 3,907
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 12/14/04
160x600 placeholder
U.S. Stocks: Dow Lifted By Visa Gains
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was headed higher, as a jump in its largest component, Visa Inc., lifted the index on Thursday, while other benchmarks, the S&P 500 and Nasdaq, were headed lower.
Top Equities Stories Of The Day
European Markets Show Signs of Stress--2nd Update
ADR Shares End Mixed; Sanofi, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Shares Fall
Shire Files 8K - Other Events
Samsung, Apple Lose to China Smartphone Makers
Stoxx 600 Flirts With Three-week High
U.S. Stocks, Bonds Dip on Fed Outlook
Miners Hammer FTSE 100 As Metals Prices Slide
European Stocks Fall For First Time In Three Days
JLS   Friday, 02/24/12 03:07:49 PM
Re: snootmagruder post# 4251
Post # of 8351 
snoot,

Houston, we have a problem. There is no specific definition for that phrase. That's why it is so useful in the vernacular.

The problem with discussing the phrase “moral high ground” is that the phrase is an idiom. Idioms have no literal definition.

That’s why I gave it a definition in the context I used it: turn the other cheek. Oops. That is another idiom. Boy, I like those things!

Now, what I mean by that is: if you don’t like something then disengage it -- the passive response inferred in 'turning the other cheek' -- otherwise, you run the risk of becoming just like it. Disengagement is not an idiom, so now everybody should know what I really mean without any confusion.

That's what my mother always told me to do: if you don't like somebody, stay away from them.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist