Fidelity SPDR Advertisement
Home > Boards > Free Zone > User's Groups > S WAVE CHARTS

snoot,

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
JLS Member Profile

Followed By 28
Posts 3,767
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 12/14/04
160x600 placeholder
Heineken has agreed to sell its Mexican packaging business to Crown Holdings for $1.23 billion in cash, allowing the Dutch brewer to tighten its focus on beer.
More Top Equities Stories Of The Day
Apple Investigating Reports of iCloud Vulnerabilities
US Court Dismisses Aluminum Antitrust Cases
J.P. Morgan Working With Law Enforcement on Cyber Attack -- 3rd Update
U.S. Hot Stocks: Hot Stocks to Watch
Ex-LPL Broker Ordered to Pay Nearly $2 Million
U.S. Hot Stocks: Hot Stocks to Watch
Amazon, Twitter Gains Lead Techs Higher
Ukraine Tensions Spur U.S. Stock Futures Downward
JLS   Friday, 02/24/12 03:07:49 PM
Re: snootmagruder post# 4251
Post # of 8257 
snoot,

Houston, we have a problem. There is no specific definition for that phrase. That's why it is so useful in the vernacular.

The problem with discussing the phrase “moral high ground” is that the phrase is an idiom. Idioms have no literal definition.

That’s why I gave it a definition in the context I used it: turn the other cheek. Oops. That is another idiom. Boy, I like those things!

Now, what I mean by that is: if you don’t like something then disengage it -- the passive response inferred in 'turning the other cheek' -- otherwise, you run the risk of becoming just like it. Disengagement is not an idiom, so now everybody should know what I really mean without any confusion.

That's what my mother always told me to do: if you don't like somebody, stay away from them.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist