SureTrader Advertisement Advertisement
Home > Boards > The Lounge > Hobbies > shadows and light

Yep, in parts of Europe lens-theft is huge

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
backtrax Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 100
Posts 17,528
Boards Moderated 6
Alias Born 07/02/09
160x600 placeholder
Slow U.s. Consumer Spending Signals Caution
U.S. consumer spending grew slowly in October, rising only 0.1%, while Americans stepped up their savings, a sign of caution among households that could weigh on the economy heading into the final months of the year.
More Top Equities Stories Of The Day
Correction to Barron's Friday Blog Item on Pfizer-Allergan
Airbus Gains Regulatory Approval for New A320neo Plane
With Merger Looming, Pfizer Weighs Plan To Split In Two
Prescription Skin Drugs Explode in Costs, Study Shows
Here's Are the Real Reasons Comcast Customers Won't Get to Watch Nets, Yankees Games
Intel Taps Rival For Chip Talent
Apple Buys Motion Capture Startup Faceshift -TechCrunch
EPA Revokes Approval of Dow Chemical's Enlist Duo Herbicide -- 3rd Update
backtrax Member Level  Thursday, 09/29/11 08:43:19 AM
Re: PMS Witch post# 129
Post # of 194 
Yep, in parts of Europe lens-theft is huge concern, many lenses cost more than the camera-bodies they mount to. When approached by strangers, I have always twisted the camera-strap to place the lens against my chest. Another ploy, is a local claiming you are photographing in forbidden areas and demanding you relinquish the they can remove the film and/or data card.
This happened to me in Turkey, I refused...(kinda risky, because I was completely alone.)...and said I would only comply if the request was made by a uniformed-officer.

The tip for the image-stabilizer looks to be a good one...I'm going to try that one, Been trying for migrating-Geese shots with a monopod that has the 2 lower extentions are spring-locked...tends to collapse at the moment of the shot.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
Current Price
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist