Fidelity SPDR Advertisement
Home > Boards > The Lounge > Hobbies > shadows and light

Yep, in parts of Europe lens-theft is huge

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
backtrax Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 96
Posts 16,583
Boards Moderated 6
Alias Born 07/02/09
160x600 placeholder
S&P 500 Rises To Record, Nabs Best Month Since February
U.S. stocks closed with modest gains Friday in light trading, building on weekly and monthly advances, as largely upbeat U.S. economic data offset overseas worries.
Top Equities Stories Of The Day
J.P. Morgan Working With Law Enforcement on Cyber Attack -- Update
Apple Continues To Rise On IPhone Hype
Ex-LPL Broker Ordered to Pay Nearly $2 Million
J.P. Morgan Working With Law Enforcement on Cyber Attack -- 3rd Update
U.S. Hot Stocks: Hot Stocks to Watch
U.S. Hot Stocks: Hot Stocks to Watch
Amazon, Twitter Gains Lead Techs Higher
Amazon Among Gainers In Mild Tech Trading
backtrax Member Level  Thursday, 09/29/11 08:43:19 AM
Re: PMS Witch post# 129
Post # of 179 
Yep, in parts of Europe lens-theft is huge concern, many lenses cost more than the camera-bodies they mount to. When approached by strangers, I have always twisted the camera-strap to place the lens against my chest. Another ploy, is a local claiming you are photographing in forbidden areas and demanding you relinquish the camera...so they can remove the film and/or data card.
This happened to me in Turkey, I refused...(kinda risky, because I was completely alone.)...and said I would only comply if the request was made by a uniformed-officer.

The tip for the image-stabilizer looks to be a good one...I'm going to try that one, Been trying for migrating-Geese shots with a monopod that has the 2 lower extentions are spring-locked...tends to collapse at the moment of the shot.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist