Home > Boards > The Lounge > Hobbies > shadows and light

Yep, in parts of Europe lens-theft is huge

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
backtrax Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 96
Posts 16,469
Boards Moderated 6
Alias Born 07/02/09
160x600 placeholder
Challenger Job-Cuts-Historical
Fox's Bid for Time Warner Includes Voice on the Board
21st Century Fox is prepared to offer shareholders of Time Warner Inc. board representation as part of its bid to acquire the media company, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Tech Stocks Ease Ahead Of Twitter Earnings
Charterhouse Selects Banks for Armacell IPO -Reuters
Pfizer Still Looking to Buy; Results Beat Views -- 2nd Update
Tech Stocks Gain Ahead Of Twitter Earnings
Mob Kills Three Members of Ahmadiyya Religious Community in Pakistan
U.S. Hot Stocks: Hot Stocks to Watch
Ruble at 10-Week Low on Russian Sanctions
Express Scripts Profit Falls 5.1%
backtrax Member Level  Thursday, 09/29/11 08:43:19 AM
Re: PMS Witch post# 129
Post # of 179 
Yep, in parts of Europe lens-theft is huge concern, many lenses cost more than the camera-bodies they mount to. When approached by strangers, I have always twisted the camera-strap to place the lens against my chest. Another ploy, is a local claiming you are photographing in forbidden areas and demanding you relinquish the camera...so they can remove the film and/or data card.
This happened to me in Turkey, I refused...(kinda risky, because I was completely alone.)...and said I would only comply if the request was made by a uniformed-officer.

The tip for the image-stabilizer looks to be a good one...I'm going to try that one, Been trying for migrating-Geese shots with a monopod that has the 2 lower extentions are spring-locked...tends to collapse at the moment of the shot.

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgNext 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist