Home > Boards > The Lounge > Coffee Shop > Distributed Digital Property Board

Hi alea,

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
x-point Member Profile
Member Level 
Followed By 17
Posts 734
Boards Moderated 0
Alias Born 07/31/03
160x600 placeholder
German Economics Minister: Sanctions Against Russia to Have 'Quick Effect'
Germany's Economics Minister on Wednesday said he expects the broad economic sanctions against Russia imposed by the European Union "to show very quick effect," and said the measures are "urgently necessary" despite potential adverse effects on Germany's export-driven economy.
Russia Sanctions Hit Europe Stocks, But Spain Shines
Tech Stocks Ease Ahead Of Twitter Earnings
Mob Kills Three Members of Ahmadiyya Religious Community in Pakistan
General Electric's Finance Arm Bulks Up in Canada--Plots & Ploys
BP Among Losers In Europe On Russia Sanctions Woes
Express Scripts Profit Falls 5.1%
Sanofi, Regeneron's Alirocumab Shows Promise in Phase III Trials
Eaton Corp. Files 8K - Changes Executive Management
U.S. Stock Futures Rise
x-point Member Level  Monday, 02/25/08 08:23:54 PM
Re: aleajactaest post# 5082
Post # of 5140 
Hi alea,

What I was saying is that I can see a reason in this behavior to question Obama's philosophy.

Obama is a great orator and very intelligent, but he is also a politician so I would not expect to catch him in any overtly racist statements unless it is due a mistake ala Trent Lott.

And really, in spite of what I suspect was the impression given, I am not saying that he is a racist. I am saying that his admiration and support of a racist is going to be a problem for him in the general election. And it should be!
Racism is a real phenomenon throughout the world, and we in this country have been doing a very admirable job of combating it for quite a while now and I don't see reason to suddenly stick my head in the sand when I see a presidential candidate cosying up with a racist just because now it is black racism. It is just as ugly and as reprehensible as the white variety. Let's hear what Obama has to say about this.

Bottom line: he should have distanced himself from this man and his teachings. It would have been the right thing to do.

And alea, a question please. Do your Christian friends consistantly preach hate towards Moslems? If so you may want to do a little soul searching yourself. ;)

Regards,

x-point

Public Reply | Private Reply | Keep | Last ReadPost New MsgReplies (2) | Next 10 | Previous | Next
Follow Board Follow Board Keyboard Shortcuts Report TOS Violation
X
Current Price
Change
Volume
Detailed Quote - Discussion Board
Intraday Chart
+/- to Watchlist