PURPOSE: The purpose of this board is to post breaking news releases on NASDAQ, AMEX, and NYSE issues. We are looking for news that has the potential to move the particular stock in either direction. Please post a link for verification when possible.
FORMAT: For the initial post, please begin your post with the ticker, current SP, news, comments and your entry if you wish.
PRIMARY FOCUS: The primary focus will be news releases, which, of course, includes earnings plays, and can encompass run-ups as well as aftershocks to the news releases.
SECONDARY FOCUS: Your actual trades, share structure, charts, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, due diligence; all are very welcome topics for discussion.
STYLE: Long or Short, you are welcome here. We do intraday, short term, swing trades, continuation, and long term plays. Option trades and strategies are welcome. No limits, really.
Do not post OTCBB, PINKIES, or GREY SHEET ISSUES, they will be deleted. There will be no exceptions to this. No spamming or pumping will be tolerated.
GAPPER/TANKER DISCUSSION STARTS ANYTIME, NO OTCBB OR PINKIES
For fun, each afternoon, we like to each pick a stock that we believe has the potential to gap up or tank down the next day. Feel free to participate. No prizes offered, just a bit of friendly competition, and, who knows, we might all profit from it, as well. At least, that's the plan. Enjoy.
1. All entries MUST be in between 12:00:00am and 3:50:59pm IHUB time on the preceding trading day.
2. Each participant may enter one ticker symbol in each contest, but that player may NOT put the same stock in both contests.
3. The entry post MUST begin with the word 'Gapper'; or the word 'Tanker'. Please post your picks either in separate posts OR put them both on the same line.
4. The entry post should contain a brief explanation of the reasoning behind the pick.
5. Once a Gapper or a Tanker is chosen, it may not be changed. (Please, no editing once posted.)
6. In the case of duplications, the earlier post is the holder of that Gapper or Tanker pick.
7. All listed stocks and ETF's are eligible, except leveraged ETF's, and stocks under $1.
8. A duplication error can be remedied with an alternate pick (follow the usual protocol).
Winners of the GAPPER or TANKER contests will be determined by the actual gap on that day, i.e., today's opening price minus the previous day's closing price, converted to a percentage. The gap must be at least 3% to be considered as a winning entry.
Links to past results results:
2009 & 2010 Combined:
Hall of Fame/Shame
Disclaimer: Postings on this board are not recommendations to buy or sell a stock. This board is about sharing information. Enough said.
MARKET CLOSURES FOR 2012:
The 2012 holiday schedule for NASDAQ is as follows:
| || || NASDAQ OMX U.S. Equity Markets |
(NASDAQ, BX and PSX)
| NASDAQ OMX U.S. Options Markets |
(PHLX and NASDAQ Options)
| January 2 || New Year's Day (Observed) || Closed || Closed |
| January 16 || Martin Luther King, Jr. Day || Closed || Closed |
| February 20 || Presidents' Day || Closed || Closed |
| April 6 || Good Friday || Closed || Closed |
| May 28 || Memorial Day || Closed || Closed |
| July 4 || Independence Day || Closed || Closed |
| September 3 || Labor Day || Closed || Closed |
| November 22 || Thanksgiving Day || Closed || Closed |
| December 25 || Christmas Day (observed) || Closed || Closed |
MARKET SCHEDULE http://www.nasdaq.com/about/schedule.stm
SECTOR LINKS (COURTESY OF MADROSE1:
HOW TO POST A CHART USING A TEMPLATE
NY SPOT SILVER
NY SPOT GOLD