Short term stock trading, Swing Trading, and sometimes even long term forecasts.
The turnips charity:
Aleh, is an organization building a home for a group of people society, by necessity, leaves on th way side. Extremely retarded people. Up to the age of 21, special institutions have been set up to help these youngsters cope with life, after 21, there is no solution, thus Aleh is building a village for these unfortunate people to care for them permanently.
If you want to donate you can go directly to:
For for a more lighthearted explanation of Zeev's Turnips?:
The Q, BRCM, QLGC, MERQ, IACI, and the newest member JCOM.
The Q is used for fast trading, not because these are good or bad companies, but because of their high volatility
OB = Outrageous Bid.
GNT = Grand Negative Tick (tick below 1000)
Mosis = J6P = man in the street stock buying public
IMTO = In My Turnips' Opinion
PPT = Plunge Protection Team, a cabal that strangely comes to rescue the market at critical junctures. Some think that the PPT is active every single day, I am not part of that "some".
Bu$$= Rambunctious Rambus, or RMBS
Island tension see #msg-556281
Core issues: (not in at all times): COO, TLM, TTC, TBL, PII, MAXF, CAH, SKX, MRK, JNJ, IGT, POOL.
Some Helpful sites (from LG):
- The Traders Glossary - (If you don't know what they're talking about, here's a good place to start.)
- Technical Analysis A to Z - (This web site should get you started on the basics of most TA methods and
- Chart Pattern Recognition - (This web site sticks to the basics, always a good success idea.)
- StockCharts.Com - (Chip a previous regular on MDD put together a great charting site.)
- DailyStocks.Com Gigablast Research - (A one stop place for all those fundamental needs.)
Dr. A. Z. Hed 1938-2008