Original DD Drop: 2nd DD & Conclusions:
3rd DD & Conclusions: Random tidbits that probably got overlooked:
VIVA Entertainment Group:
• A global entertainment and technology company connecting content owners and video distributors to deliver premium content on any smart device with a screen. Viva has developed an OTT system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a network such as the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal and cable television formats.
• Viva provides subscribers access to the content they want anywhere, anytime. With a WiFi connection our customers can watch Live TV from around the world, TV shows, as well as movies on demand, Tele-video conference and many other interactive features. Independent and Major film studios, television networks, Telecoms, Cable Companies, and emerging ISPS partner with Viva for enhanced capabilities in multi platform video distribution.
• The only true end-to-end provider of premium content technology services, VIVA looks to license and deliver to traditional and OTT video distributors across the world. VIVA is a publicly traded company under the stock symbol BRPC.
• Johnny Falcones, Founder & CEO of VIVA: Veteran entertainment businessman and successful entrepreneur, credited for managing and shaping Grammy Award winning superstars like Marc Anthony as well as guiding the careers of Celia Cruz, Tito Puente and Soleil J. Since having sold his record label early in his career to Universal Music Group for $5m dollars, Johnny has self-funded Viva Entertainment Group and been focused on developing its world class OTT technology and platform.
• Internet Protocol Television (IPTV/OTT) is a system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a network such as the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats.
• IPTV services may be classified into three main groups: 1) Live television, with or without interactivity related to the current TV show; 2) Time-shifted television: catch-up TV (replays a TV show that was broadcast hours or days ago), start over TV (replays the current TV show from its beginning); 3) Video On Demand (VOD): browse a catalog of videos, not related to TV programming.
• A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is an interconnected system of computers on the Internet that provides Web content rapidly to numerous users by duplicating the content on multiple servers and directing the content to users based on proximity. CDNs are used by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to deliver static or dynamic Web pages but the technology is especially well suited to streaming audio, video, and Internet Television ( IPTV ) programming Over-The-Top (OTT) content, describes broadband delivery of video and audio without a multiple system operator being involved in the control or distribution of the content itself. Consumers can access OTT content through internet-connected devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones including iPhones and Droid phones, set-top boxes, Smart TVs and gaming consoles
• Rising adoption of device-based computing is pushing over the top (OTT) market, globally. Over the Top market is estimated to grow from USD 28.04 billion in 2015 to USD 62.03 billion by 2020, at an estimated CAGR of 17.2%
The VIVA PLATFORM:
• VIVA’s product offering, provides the components and systems to build up a CDN and along with Viva Middleware (the heart of the system), allows the provision of IPTV (Live and VOD) and other value added services, no matter the type of network (managed or unmanaged) or the number of subscribers.
•Viva is an Interactive TV Middleware, a multi service delivery platform (MSDP), providing converged and interactive IPTV services for the ISP, Telco, Cable and Campus/Hospitality market.
• The Viva platform enables end users to enjoy rich multimedia services any time - any place. Services can be delivered over IP, DVB-C/T/S or 3G/4G access networks using several different devices in managed network or Over The Top, via open Internet.
• In addition, Viva’s innovative approach enables third parties to develop attractive first or second screen applications on different devices like PC, mobile phones, tablets, Smart TV sets or various STB devices.
The VIVA Competitive Edge:
• The Viva platform represents the heart of the IPTV ecosystem, enabling service providers to accomplish attractive visual and functional differentiation of their IPTV service. Agile development allows service providers quick response to competitive market conditions. Viva's main competitive advantages are field proven application platform, platform openness and flexibility, unique bouquet of IPTV converged multimedia services and customizable, responsive and graphics-rich user interface. Pay as you grow approach enables service providers to start slowly and extend the system according to the actual growth of the subscriber base.
• The Viva platform comes with comprehensive system management module, which enables total control over operational parameters and central customer, device and service provisioning. Viva enables the service provider to manage its video, audio and information assets and to offer these assets within reliable and compelling platform. It offers a rich information support for Live TV service with customizable channel list and e-program guide in various shapes. TV channel recording functionality is available in various flavors to satisfy user's needs and lifestyle: program recording, Time-shifting, Pause Live TV and Instant TV recording.
• Viva Middleware is offered as a standalone solution, as the most important building block for the complete end to end IPTV solution, whether in the multicast, DVB or Over the Top environment.
• Viva's OTT solution is based on the best of breed components and solutions from the leading vendors in the OTT world that have been proven in many wide and varied cases and environments in the past. End-2-End solution designed by Viva is based on the Open Standards Systems and Standards adopted in the DVB and IP world.