..........~ Just another trading day in SYN CITY ~..........
If it's not one darn thing, it's another!
A safe haven and discussion thread for inv3stors who want to gripe and openly discuss or question
about what is affecting their st0ck by either internal or external forces.
~ Please feel free to suggest other st0cks for discussion ~
Q & A Q:
In the oil drilling industry there is a term called "spudding."
What is it and how does it work?
To spud comes from the Middle English word, "spudde" meaning a short knife.
In oil drilling "spudding" means the very start of drilling on a new well.
spud v: 1. to begin drilling a well; such as, to spud in.
2. to force a wireline tool or tubing down the hole by using a reciprocating motion.
spud in v: to begin drilling; to start the hole.
spud mud n: the fluid used when drilling starts at the surface, often a thick
Spud Contractor Name:
The name of the contractor spudding the well.
The day when the drilling bit penetrates the surface utilizing a drilling rig capable
of drilling the well to the authorized total depth.
The actual time (hours and minutes) when the drilling bit penetrates the surface
utilizing a drilling rig capable of drilling the well to the authorized depth.
The very beginning of drilling operations of a new well.
- Bbl: Barrel
- Bbls: Barrels
- MMBbls: Million Barrels
- Bpd: Barrel per day
- Mbpd: Thousand barrels per day
- Bopd: Barrels of oil per day
- Mbopd: Thousand barrels of oil per day
- Bcf: Billion cubic feet
- Bcfe: Billion cubic feet equivalent
- Bcfpd: Billion cubic feet per day
- BOE: Barrel oil equivalent
- Boepd: Barrels of oil equivalent per day
- MMBTU: Million British thermal units
- MMBTUpd: Million British thermal units per day
- BTU: British thermal units
- BTUpcf: British thermal units per cubic foot
- MMBoe: Million Barrels of oil equivalent
- LPG: Liquified Petroleum Gas
- Mcf: Thousand cubic feet
- MMcfepd: Million cubic feet equivalent per day
- MMcfpd: Million cubic feet per day
- Tcf: Trillion cubic feet
- Tcfe: Trillion cubic feet equivalent
- GAL: Gallon
- MMGal: Million Gallons
- Kwh: Kilowatt hour
- MW: Megawatt
- One barrel of oil: equivalent to 6 Mcf of natural gas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Link to Active Trading Terms: CLICK HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ NATURAL GAS SUMMARY
data history by State - CLICK HERE ~~~~
. IHUB RULES: http://ihwiki.advfn.com/index.php?title=Handbook#Deletion_of_Posts