Pick one or two of the most manipulated Naked shorted pos stocks you have ever come across in the past track them as they implement new restrictions to REG SHO and remove the GC.
Use buyins.net for your short # calculations if possible thats what i used although i let the subscription run out this month thanks to Grandfather Clause being removed.
Take the time to write or call pinksheets.com ask them to have their short numbers include Grandfather FTD's as well there numbers are currently nowhere near accurate.
Pink Sheets LLC
304 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013
The question is will they Rock or will they still flop.
1) GLBT .0001 no bid 2 billion FTD's 10 day avg vol 2.5 mil as of 6-13-07 float 12.5 billion brought by Calitrader gain 0%
2) EFGO .0006x.0007 suspected Ftd's 10 day avg vol 67 mil as of 6-13-07 float 4.4 billion brought by Vanwilder gain 0%
3) ISBL .001x.0011 suspected Ftd's 10 day avg vol 199k as of 6-13-07 float 74 mil brought by Coolwhip gain +10%
4) BANY .0004x.0005 suspected Ftd's 10day avg vol 76 mil as of 6-13-07 float 2.4 billion brought by Calitrader gain +25%
5) USXP .0005x.0006 1.8 bil FTD's 10day avg vol 433mil as of 6-13-07 float 21.5 billion brought by Pure Adrenaline gain +20%
6) HVLN .03x.04 suspected FTD's 10day avg vol 110k as of 6-13-07 float 28mil brought by JDUB gain +14%
SEC good link for FAQ's regarding short sales.
Grandfather Clause info below.
Timeframe on the Granfather Clause being enforced
I just got off the phone with Ann Sulzberg (attourney at SEC) she is in the investor education dept with the SEC.
Q. When will this new GC ruling become effective?
A. Look for the ruling in the federal register in 1-2 weeks on SEC website. 60 days from when it appears in the federal register it should take affect. The particulars will be outlined at that time as well.
To sum things up we are looking at 74 days or so to be in effect and another 35 days after that of activity to correct the FTD's. So imo we won't see the effects of the ruling until late August through the end of September.
The hard copy should be out in 1-2 weeks after that is out and the outlined ruling is there to be enforced that should give three months of anticipation before the actual deadline. Sometimes the anticipation is better than the real thing imo.
Replay the vote and event here. http://www.connectlive.com/events/secopenmeetings/
June 13th 2007 SEC Votes on Regulation SHO Amendments and Proposals; Also Votes to Eliminate "Tick" Test
Submit questions about the amendment to sho here. see file # s7-12-06
SQUASH GRANDFATHER CLAUSE