Jan 17, 2011
|Shares outstanding ||42,735,559 million |
|Options outstanding ||2,750,000 million |
|Warrants outstanding ||16,989,449 million |
|Fully diluted ||62,475,008 million |
| || |
Gold Standard Ventures acquired the Railroad District in 2009, and is now in the process of applying modern-day exploration techniques and models to discovering new gold deposits in this target-rich District. Carlin-style deposits are in evidence with about 150 thousand ounces of gold at 2+grams grade discovered from surface outcroppings and limited, previous shallow drilling. Targets below 400 to 500 feet remain undrilled and many targets obscured by structural complexity and cover have yet to be drilled. Gold Standard Ventures has identified several new target opportunities and is in the process of assessing these targets with both reverse circulation and core drilling.
- The Railroad District property position, controlled by Gold Standard Ventures, is comprised of 14 square miles located on the Carlin Gold Trend of Nevada.
- The District represents one of four domes, expressed as windows of exposed prospective lower-plate carbonate on the Carlin Trend.
- Includes the historic Bullion Mining District mined for high grade silver, lead, copper, and gold from 1869-1887.
- Explored for bulk-mineable copper and molybdenum in the 1960′s and 70′s.
- Modern day gold exploration began in the 1980′s with the discovery of the 100+ thousand ounce POD deposit.
- For the past 30 years, the District was controlled by under-funded junior exploration companies and was not explored using model-driven concepts and techniques.
- Gold Standard Ventures acquired the Railroad District late in 2009, and immediately conducted a detailed gravity survey over the entire property position.
- 43-101 completed December, 2009.
- The gold deposit model represented by the high grade portions of the Rain District deposits, Meikle, Deep Post, Deep Star, Arturo, Cortez Hills and many other of the high grade deposits on the Carlin Trend and elsewhere in Nevada is clearly in evidence at Railroad.
- Gold Standard Ventures began drill evaluation of prospective gold targets August 2010.
- Railroad represents a district-scale, discovery opportunity for multiple, million plus ounce gold deposits.