Cereplast's Historical Timeline
As a pioneer in the industry, Cereplast has been instrumental in the innovation and development of bioplastics, helping to pave the way for global adoption of these environmentally friendlier plastics. Now a recognized leader in the space, Cereplast continues to gain traction across the globe as consumer and industrial demand grow exponentially for biobased plastics. Here is a historical timeline of Cereplast's developments since 1996.
- Cereplast Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Frederic Scheer, secures the exclusive North American distribution rights to Novamont's Mater-Bi resins and begins to distribute their patented, 100% biodegradable bioplastic resins.
- Scheer creates the Biodegradable Plastics Institute, an association of industry leaders, government groups and academia, which promotes the use and composting of biodegradable polymeric materials.
- President Clinton signs executive order 13101 to "green" the government through waste prevention, recycling, and federal acquisition.
- Scheer works with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) to establish compostable guidelines and standards in the U.S.
- Scheer discontinues the distribution of Mater-Bi resins and focuses on the creation and development of Cereplast, Inc. to launch the next generation of bioplastics - a new range of proprietary, patented resins.
- Scheer brings to market the first compostable drinking cups.
- Cereplast, Inc. is created to focus on developing biobased resins, also called "bioplastics."
- Cereplast showcases the first biodegradable beverage cups at the Salt Lake City Olympics.- Biopreferred Procurement Program launches. Farm Security and Rural Investment Act (FSRIA) requires Federal Agencies to give preferred purchase to competing products that contain the highest biobased content.
- Cereplast files the first U.S. patent for a compostable resin formulation.
- Cereplast becomes a publicly-held, U.S.-listed company.
- Cereplast Compostables® resins receive the BPI seal of approval.
- Cereplast adds 45 million pounds of production capacity with the opening of its new resin manufacturing facility in Hawthorne, CA.
- Cereplast Compostables® are launched commercially.
- Genpak, a Cereplast customer, introduces its "Harvest Collection" - the first line of fully-biodegradable and compostable foodservice ware
- Cereplast wins the SPE GPEC Award for the Most Innovative Material of the year
- Cereplast Hybrid Resins® launch
- Cereplast wins prestigious Autoplast Speicon award for outstanding achievements in the development of new plastics for automotive applications
- Cereplast expands bioplastic applications with first-ever freeze-tolerant compostable resin
- Cereplast achieves ISO9001:2000 certification from the International Standardization Organization (ISO) for its world-class management system
- Cereplast wins the 2009 Environmental Award for Emerging Technology in Materials from the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
- Cereplast open new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Seymour, Indiana with an 80MM pound production capacity
- Cereplast lists on NASDAQ Capital Market under the ticker symbol "CERP"
- Cereplast opens a European headquarters in Bönen, Germany to support rapid expansion of its European operations
- Cereplast unveils a new symbol that enables consumers to identify products that are made from bioplastic materials
- In addition to increased consumer awareness concerning the environment, demand in the U.S. and Europe for Cereplast bioplastic resin continues to grow as a result of legislation banning the sale of plastic bags in various regions on both continents. European manufacturers are increasingly seeking out plastic alternatives to comply with legislation that go in to effect in 2011.
- As crude oil prices continue to rise, bioplastic materials become more economically attractive to manufacturers. With crude oil prices now steadily surpassing $100 per barrel, Cereplast has experienced increased interest and demand in plastic alternatives
- As companies and consumers move toward "greening" their products and business practices, Cereplast is committed to future innovation in bioplastic design and manufacturing
SHARE STRUCTURE CERP Security Details:
O/S 448,750,634 (as of May 17, 2013)