option chains Advertisement Fidelity
Home > Boards > US Listed > Oil/Gas/Natural Energy Production >

Canadian Overseas Petroleum Limited (VELXF)

VELXF RSS Feed
Add VELXF Price Alert      Hide Sticky   Hide Intro
Moderator: No Moderator
Search This Board:
Last Post: 9/11/2012 1:12:35 PM - Followers: 0 - Board type: Free - Posts Today: 0
COPL is an oil and gas exploration company focused in the UK North Sea, and the offshore Liberian continental margin


Canadian Overseas Petroleum Limited (CVE:XOP) (PINK:VELXF) stock price jumped up after the company was given a permission to form a joint venture with ExxonMobil Corporation.
XOP share price jumped up 18.9% on Wednesday April 18th under a trading volume of 2,7 million, which was significantly above the average of 402 thousand. The stock gaped above the previous resistances at 27 and 30 cents per share and has a very good background to postulate going further up. The next resistance should be around the 200 day moving average at 36 cents per share.

The stock became popular after Canadian Overseas announced that the National Oil Company of Liberia has accepted the terms of Exxon Mobile and Canadian Overseas joint venture proposal. The companies can now team up under arrangement in the production sharing contract related to block LB-13 offshore Liberia. Some details still require attention before the transaction can be completed.

Under the conditions established back in November 2011, Exxon will acquire the 70% interest immediately after Canadian Overseas buys the property from the current owner. The remaining 30% non-operating working interest will be left to Canadian Overseas.

Exxon will pay $55 million for their share and will also cover up to $36 million of XOP's proportional cost share when drilling the first well. The approval of National Oil was necessary for this transaction to happen in the first place.

It will cost XOP $85 million to acquire a 100% interest in LB-13
  • 1D
  • 1M
  • 2M
  • 3M
  • 6M
  • 1Y
  • 2Y
  • 3Y
  • 5Y
VELXF
Current Price
Volume:
Bid Ask Day's Range
Wiki
PostSubject
#5   Still in this one just waiting for a Happycoins 09/11/12 01:12:35 PM
#4   About to pop deal is going to be Happycoins 08/26/12 07:04:59 PM
#3   No one is watching this one I got Happycoins 07/13/12 11:03:38 PM
#2   All Aboard the PPS is 0.335 +.0145. Happycoins 04/19/12 09:30:15 PM
#1   This is going to be good ! Happycoins 04/19/12 09:27:11 PM
PostSubject