Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) is an Australian mineral exploration company focused on developing precious and base metal mining projects in the richly mineralised Sierra Madre Occidental mining province in northern Mexico.
Level 1, 30 Richardson Street WEST PERTH, WA 6005
Phone: +61 8 9481 2555 [email protected]
Market Cap: AUD $31,520,000 @ .08
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX Code: AZS) is a mineral exploration company operating in the world renowned Sierra Madre Occidental mining province in northern Mexico. Azure holds 100% ownership of 14 precious and base metal properties covering 1,690km2. It is focused on developing and operating mining projects.
Some of Azure's priority projects include:
The high grade Promontorio copper-gold-silver project in Chihuahua has a JORC resource of 502,000 tonnes @ 4.7% Cu, 2.1g/t Au & 99g/t Ag. Metallurgical testwork produced excellent metal recoveries into a high grade copper-gold-silver concentrate. Economic evaluation shows Promontorio can be developed and operated profitably.
Exploration for large porphyry copper deposits is underway in joint venture with Japanese Government corporation JOGMEC (La Tortuga), and Australian copper miner OZ Minerals (San Eduardo). Both companies may earn a 51% interest in their respective projects by expending US$3 million within 3 years.
Tecolote hosted an historical copper-zinc-silver operation which mined and treated about one million tonnes @ 1.8% Cu, 6.9% Zn and 50g/t Ag. Potential exists for additional copper-zinc mineralisation surrounding the mine and also nearby porphyry copper deposits.
The Board of Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS, “Azure”) is pleased to provide the Quarterly Report for the period ended 31 December 2010.
• Azure enters agreement to purchase the San Francisco high grade manganese deposit in Jalisco, Mexico. HIGHLIGHTS
• Environmental Impact Statement for drilling campaign at Promontorio completed and submitted to the Federal Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
• Exploration continuing on the San Eduardo Project, where joint venture partner OZ Minerals may earn a 70% interest by sole-funding US$13 million over 8 years. Drilling to be undertaken in Q1 2011.
• New zones of silver and base metal mineralisation identified on the El Tecolote Project.
• Soil geochemical sampling at Estacion Llano identifies gold anomalism along strike from operating San Francisco Gold Mine.
• Azure continues to evaluate further project opportunities in Mexico.
Riches in the Mountains of Mexico-Tony Rovira of Azure Minerals materialsoutlook.net/featured.aspx (from - http://materialsoutlook.net/default.aspx )
Executive Chairman Tony Rovira, Founder of Azure Minerals Limited at PDAC 2009 " />