Athabasca Oil Sands Corp (AOSC) is a privately held oil company focused on the sustainable development of oilsands resources in the Athabasca region of northern Alberta, Canada.
- Very large lease holder in the Athabasca region with net working interest in over 1.7 million acres (prior to effect of the PetroChina transaction).
- The majority of the clastic/sands resource base is located within the McMurray formation, the most prolific and highly exploitable portion of the oil sands.
- Large carbonate potential in the Grosmont, Nisku and Leduc formations within our leases.
- Contingent resources are in the range of 4.6 billion barrels (low case) to 10.3 billion barrels (best case) to 17.8 billion barrels (high case) intended to be developed by proven in situ technology (principally SAGD) (volumes prior to effect of the PetroChina transaction).
- In situ developments are relatively less intrusive than mining operations, and more closely resemble conventional developments.
- Ultimate gross production levels (clastics/sands only) are potentially greater than 500,000 barrels per day.
- Experienced management team (North American & International) with extensive oil experience from many of the major unconventional oil operators in the Athabasca region. (Total, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Husky, EnCana, Enerplus)
- Board of Directors with proven track record for creating value. (Avenir Diversified Income Trust, Founders Energy / Provident Energy Trust, CCS Income Trust)