Mr. Freitag created BMT more than 20 years ago after a decade long career at Lockheed Martin managing advanced materials technology development program. He regularly markets new programs and technologies in the fields of advanced materials, life science, electronics,photonics, energy, sensors and manufacturing. Mr. Freitag’s distinguished career has included senior positions and several awards with Lockheed Martin for his contributions to military systems. He has published and presented 60+ papers in advanced materials, issued several patents, organized andchaired numerous technical sessions at national meetings, and participated in government panels in support of the advanced materials industry. Mr. Freitag currently holds a DOD Secret clearance.
Areas of Expertise
Federal Business Development / Acquisition due Diligence / Interdisciplinary Teams Strategic Planning / Program & Contract Management / Technology Scouting / Proposal Writing / Proposal Management / Marketing
Bayside Materials Technology
Owner – Columbia Maryland (1994 – Current)
Privately-owned business located in the Washington D.C. area helping Clients identify, create, and capture opportunities for funding by the Federal Government in technology research, development,and acquisition. Technical areas of expertise include advanced materials, biotechnology, electronics,photonics, energy, sensors, and manufacturing. Primary customers include DHS, DOD, NASA, NSF,DHHS, DOC, DOE, DOT, DOJ, and their respective labs, Centers of Expertise, and Logistic Centers.Customers include small/large business, non-profits, and academia. Ongoing efforts contribute tot he creation of annual contracts in excess of $30M. Ongoing projects include diagnostics andvaccines for medical counter measures, sensors for ISR, biosurveillance, threat detection, and human performance, pain mgmt therapies, 3D visualization, blood wound products for trauma care,advanced ceramics, printable electronics, and advanced coatings.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
Manager, High Temperature Materials - Dallas, Texas (1993 – 1994) Manager, Ceramic Technologies (1989 – 1993) Senior Scientist, Materials Engineering (1988 – 1989) Senior Research Scientist, Corporate R&D (1986 -1988)
Research Scientist, Corporate R&D (1983 – 1986)
Supervised a staff of 20 professionals and oversaw facilities dedicated to the development of advanced materials and cost-effective manufacturing processes for the Aircraft and Missiles Divisions to leverage in support of DOD customers. Team was responsible for all phases of technology development, acquiring new business, and serving as subject matter experts to acquisition programs and DOD.
• Developed innovative and leading edge technology in rapid prototyping of metal parts, ceramic radome materials for use on PAC-3, low cost oxidation resistant carbon/carbon composites, newgrades of silicon nitride for hot structure applications, and a new class of preceramic polymer based materials for use in missile and aircraft hot structure, including LO applications. Technical products resulted in over $2B in new missile sales.
• Prepared, managed and presented successful proposals to DOD and NASA resulting in annual funding of ~ $5M.
• Managed an annual IR&D, capital and overhead budget of ~ $10M. • Established a ceramics R&D capability in support of EM window and low observable hot structure development.
• Awarded the “Outstanding Inventor” honor for the first new EM window material to betransitioned in 30 years.
Advanced Technology Research Center - Columbia, Maryland (1982 – 1983) Developed visualization tools and models for metal powder flow in support of a new low cost manufacturing process • Worked well with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and researchers • Created and oversaw implementation of visualization tool • Established a powder flow visualization lab to ensure proper testing and creation of best practices for application
Department of Mechanical Engineering – Lafayette, Indiana (1980 – 1982) Active member of research team responsible for developing models/prototypes of canine joint motion
Ford Motor Company
Research and Engineering Center – Dearborn, Michigan (1976 – 1980) Successfully performed test track modeling, experimental engine valve train analysis, as well as engine certification assembly and evaluation.
• Technical Director for the United Stated Advanced Ceramics Association (1993 – date) • Member of notable industry and professional organizations, including: o American Ceramic Society o Materials Research Society o SPIE o NDIA
Awards & Patents
• Lockheed Martin Outstanding Inventor Award, 1999 • Keynote speaker at the Japan Ultra-High Temperature Materials International Conference, 2000 • Freitag, D., Beaman, J., Bourell, D., Laser Directed Fabrication of Full-Density Metal Articles Using Hot Isostatic Pressing,” Patent 5,640,667, June 17, 1997 • Freitag, D.W. and Richardson, K.K., In-situ Reinforced Barium Aluminosilicate. PatentNumber 5,358,912, October 25, 1994.
• Purdue University / M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, emphasis on Design / B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Highest Distinction, 4.0/4.0 GPA) / Illinois Central College / A.A.S. in Automotive Technology
• Department of Defense Secret Level Clearance, established 1983 Mr. Keen is a significant shareholder in 3DIcon and has been a member of the Board since November 2007 and CEO since 2013. Mr. Keen is a graduate of Harvard Law School and Trinity College. Until November 2010 he was the chair of the Tax Practice Group at Duane Morris LLP, an international law firm and one of the 100 largest law firms in the world. Mr. Keen has been an active investor in a number of private companies, both start up and later stage, including: Lending Tree, acquired by IAC Interactive Corp.; Circle Lending, Inc., now part of Richard Branson's Virgin Group; Bantam Pharmaceutical LLC, a privately held biotechnology company founded in 2015 focusing on the discovery and development of innovative cancer therapies and Rollover Systems, Inc., a privately held company involved in the matching of individual IRA/pension accounts with appropriate managers. Mr. Keen is a co-founder and co-owner of Bantam Pharmaceutical LLC.
Victor Keen: Director / Co- Chairman
Ronald W. Robinson Chief financial Officer : Ronald W. Robinson, CPA, was a partner in three large local CPA firms spanning the last forty years, the latest of which was Sutton Robinson Freeman & Co., P.C., from 1999 through 2010, of which he was the managing partner and performed SEC/PCOAB audits for several clients, including 3DIcon Corporation. He has been an SEC compliance and accounting consultant for 3DIcon Corporation since 2010. He is licensed to practice by the Oklahoma Board of Accountancy and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Robinson is a graduate of East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma, with a BS in Accounting SIMON CALTON : Director /Co-Chairman Simon Calton, age 36, serves as a Director of the Company. Simon Calton has over 12 years of experience in financing and company structuring and utilizes his experience to find opportunities in different sectors. Since 2008 Mr. Calton has structured a number of Alternative Investment Products geared around Construction and Development in the United States and United Kingdom. In 2012 he co-founded Carlton James North Dakota Ltd, which specializes in funding specific projects and developments throughout the United States. In 2007 Mr. Calton co-founded Carlton James Private and Commercial, a project investment, pension administration service and global financing firm which helps to fund projects around the globe.
DENNIS ANDERSON : Director